My first Bal keeper! I "think" Need your help!

debpie

Dec 29, 2007
Ok, first I tried a step, thought it was too small, then I tried a city, also I thought it was too small...so on to a work, which is "just right!" Here is my new grenat Work which is gorgeous, IMO; however, I need you girls to help me out. The last two pics show a lighter area under the front zip. Also the handles show a darker area. Should this bother me? Is this normal? TIA!
DSC_3037.jpg
DSC_3038.jpg
DSC_3039.jpg
DSC01872.jpg
DSC01873.jpg

Your bag is beautiful. Is it pre-owned? The lighter areas under the front zip wouldn't bother me if they are as faint as they appear. I couldn't see them in the first photo. The dark areas on the handle might bother me a bit, but it's hard to tell how noticeable they would be IRL. It might just be some normal variations in the leather but it is hard to tell. I guess it all boils down to whether these things bother you. If they do, then they will probably always bother you. If they don't now, they probably never will.

By the way, love your dog!

Wow your Grenat Work is gorgeous. I love this color :heart: I think it's a keeper!

I think some moisturizing will minimize the appearance of the 2 light spots below the front patch, but to be honest I wouldn't even have noticed if you didn't post the enlarged picture. The handle can probably be cleaned with some LMB product.

TMIt isn't pre-owned. It is my first one to actually want to keep and because I am so new to the brand I didn't know what is acceptable for a bal bag. The lighter spot is very faint so it isn't that big a deal. If this happens to handles naturally I don't think it would bother me too much, but I do wish it didn't have the darker spattering on the handle. To be honest, I don't think anyone would ever notice IRL. Thanks for your help!

Jira Thanks! I love it too!
I will try moisturizer on the lighter areas but the darker areas on the handle isn't soiled, it is just "made" that way? Think LMB cleaner would help?

If you love the bag, I would not let it bother you. Chevre bags did have color variation -some colors more than others. Your bag looks like it has great leather to me and it's a beautiful color (plus hard to find, I think, in good shape). Only you know how much it will bother you, but Balenciaga bags only look better with age, and I doubt you will even notice these things much when the bag starts to soften and become "your bag."

^^ Handles darken naturally. I agree with TMitch that the darkened spots could just be natural variations in the leather. Your Work is really beautiful, did you buy this new from a store? I'd keep it!

Thanks SO much! I feel so much better now! Being new to the brand (and the most $ I have spent on a bag!) I needed some encouragement! I absolutely will keep it and get this baby broken in! Jira I bought it from an individual and it is brand spanking new! I am so happy to get it. Now....I am afraid, the madness begins!:nuts:

Ok...I want to wear this beauty correctly and I have a very silly question! The vanity mirror is attached to the handle and swings down past the bag...looks kinda silly. Should I put this inside the bag in the pocket? Where do you girls keep your mirrors?

Your Work is beautiful! The leather looks amazing and the two 'issues' you mention, I think are most likely just variations in the leather. No Bbag is perfect, even brand new. Enjoy!!!

I don't use the mirror so I remove it and store it, or I sometimes take off the tassel and keep the mirror only in the front pocket.

OH WOW. I LOVE IT!!!! No one will notice the handles when you are wearing it and the light spots are barely noticeable. Put the mirror in the front (outside the bag) pocket. But to be honest - I don't use mine and store them in the dust bag.

If you decided you don't want it send it to me! (Just kidding) I absolutely love the color. I have a Black Cherry Work but it is not quite as dark as this - LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ENJOY! (and yes - now the addiction starts :biggrin:)

silverfern Thank you so much! I am going to appreciate these "issues" as personality on my bag! I think I'll just leave the mirror in the dust bag so it won't get lost.

Luv:roflmfao: Haha! Thanks! I love the color too and I have seen pics of Black Cherry and it is beautiful! I will begin breaking her in right away!

Congrats! Guess what, I went though the same situation as you.. City.. then step and finally landing on a work which I thought was PERFECT.

Your work is gorgeous and Balenciaga is notorious for varying degrees of shading. I think some moisturizer would do wonders!