My first"almost bad" customer service experience at LV

Feb 3, 2013
So after reading a recent thread about glazing issues on empriente bags I checked my strap to my speedy. Lo and behold there were a bunch of signs that the strap was defective (big dings and imprints in the glaze where it appears to have "melted.") so I called LV and the girl I spoke with told me and I quote "that is a known quality issue" and told me to bring in the bag and that it should be no problem to have it replaced. I brought it in and showed and explained what j just told you. The SA looked me right in the eye and said "nobody at Louis Vuitton would tell you that there is a known quality issue. It will be $300 to replace the strap." I very politely told her that I was in fact told those exact words. I also mentioned that I have been shopping at LV for 20 years with no problems. I told her I would not be buying a strap and if need be I would just leave it as it was. She then disappeared out back to get a manager. The super friendly manager came right up, told me she would be ordering me a new strap free of charge, and let me keep my current one so I can continue using my bag. I'm glad that ended well!

Reactions: Kirkland
Glad you checked your bag and were able to get the strap replaced. My SA is the boutique manager, and all of my purchases are through her. I have complete confidence in LV and their policies. It's reassuring to hear this ended well for you.

Reactions: Cat2015
So after reading a recent thread about glazing issues on empriente bags I checked my strap to my speedy. Lo and behold there were a bunch of signs that the strap was defective (big dings and imprints in the glaze where it appears to have "melted.") so I called LV and the girl I spoke with told me and I quote "that is a known quality issue" and told me to bring in the bag and that it should be no problem to have it replaced. I brought it in and showed and explained what j just told you. The SA looked me right in the eye and said "nobody at Louis Vuitton would tell you that there is a known quality issue. It will be $300 to replace the strap." I very politely told her that I was in fact told those exact words. I also mentioned that I have been shopping at LV for 20 years with no problems. I told her I would not be buying a strap and if need be I would just leave it as it was. She then disappeared out back to get a manager. The super friendly manager came right up, told me she would be ordering me a new strap free of charge, and let me keep my current one so I can continue using my bag. I'm glad that ended well!
Obviously, the SA didn't know what she was talking about and it was a good thing that this location had a good manager to back you up. Glad you're getting a replacement!

Reactions: hart88hart

The same exact thing happened to me. I was told one thing by LV, I brought in the item to the store and the first SA I approached became rude and downright nasty to me about it and questioned why I was even there. I told her because I was specifically told to come to the store and then I demanded to speak to a manager who ended up being very nice and resolved my issue. Happy it worked out for you.

I work for a major company. (Not LV) I seriously question the sense of anyone working for a major company that would say "Nobody would tell you ..."

I work for a major company. (Not LV) I seriously question the sense of anyone working for a major company that would say "Nobody would tell you ..."

Exactly! I mean, she was calling me a liar, just not in so many words. I was proud that I kept my cool. Generally, I keep my cool, but there have been a few times in my life [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]