My first, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th DB bags!!

Aug 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
perfectingmycloset.com
I just got my first DB bag! And it led to a total of 4 bags. So excited! My first encounter was at the outlets at closing time and given the product I'd seen available where I'm from, I wasn't sold, but the outlet changed my mind. I knew I had to go back. I spent a month researching on tpf and definitely knew I wanted something in natural, and while I loved the look of the florentine I wasn't sure I could deal with the foldover aspect of it. I decided on the Bristol in natural as it was a style I knew I used a lot of. I have also wanted a longchamp tote for a long time but I wasn't really sure it was for me, so jumped on the chance to get a nylon bag in a style I knew fit me - navy nylon satchel! The violet crossbody was just too cute to leave behind and fits tons while looking small. The orange small florentine was a risk - like I said, I wasn't sure I could handle the style but at the price I got it at, I thought what the heck! And I even chose a color I didn't have and went outside my comfort zone (go big or go home, right?) and I'm pleasantly surprised that orange actually is a pretty good neutral! I moved right into the florentine and found that after a little use, the foldover as no problem at all! Although I think the small is also a good size for me (though coming home to find it doesn't fit my work notebook was a bummer, but anything bigger and I think it would be too much for me) Sooooo happy with my purchases and I know they won't be my last (although I really need to go on ban now).

Attachments

Twoboyz

Jan 1, 2014
Chicago Suburbs
Hi! Welcome to the wonderful and highly addictive world of Dooney! You're off to a great start with a nice diverse collection. It's nice to have a bag for several occasions. They are all beautiful. Great choices. Thanks for sharing and congrats.

DooneyDucky

Nov 13, 2013
You did good! I like how smooshy and shiny your bags already look. The Flos seem to be getting a bit of patina.

Aug 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
perfectingmycloset.com
Thanks everyone! I'm using my Bristol today for work, so excited. I jumped right into the flo after I got it and it got some use over the weekend - couldn't wait to break her in! I used the crossbody to wander around the city at night. I can't wait to take the nylon satchel with me for my trip next month.

RuedeNesle

Rue de Nesle, Paris
Jan 12, 2013
The orange small florentine was a risk - like I said, I wasn't sure I could handle the style but at the price I got it at, I thought what the heck! And I even chose a color I didn't have and went outside my comfort zone (go big or go home, right?) and I'm pleasantly surprised that orange actually is a pretty good neutral! I moved right into the florentine and found that after a little use, the foldover as no problem at all! Although I think the small is also a good size for me (though coming home to find it doesn't fit my work notebook was a bummer, but anything bigger and I think it would be too much for me) Sooooo happy with my purchases and I know they won't be my last (although I really need to go on ban now).

Welcome Eggtartapproved! :welcome2:

You went big AND went home.....with some great handbags! I'm happy you took the leap and went outside your comfort zone and purchased an orange Flo bag. I'm even happier you love your choices!

Thanks for sharing your beauties with us! We can't wait to see pics of your future Dooney purchases!

Congrats!

ETA: You're going to love the nylon satchel! Dooney makes great nylon bags.

G.Allyn

Dec 12, 2013
Congrats on all your great purchases. It was a smart move to purchase at good prices, get different fabrications, buy a variety of sizes and get so many nice colors. What an educated Dooney consumer from the get go.

Enjoy your collection!

Gilmoregirl

Sep 9, 2013
Wow! Way to go ALL IN! You made some great choices. Welcome to the brand and the Dooney Bin! You're in great company :smile:

LittleLucy

O.G.
Apr 22, 2008
Love your new collection!! How are you liking the Bristol? I also want a natural bag and I am considering the Bristol or flo satchel.