My first 2 LV bags!

1. Hey guys, just thought I'd post about my first 2 LV purchases (beyond a couple very simple accessories) that I purchased within the last couple of weeks. As a straight male, I've always been a little turned off by the monogram print (even the Macassar), but fell in love with Damier Graphite from the day it came out.

I'd been holding off for no real reason until a few weeks ago when I saw a guy with a keepall in DG on a flight from NYC to Atlanta, and immediately realized I had to buy one! :biggrin:

Anyways, I got the keepall 55 in DG (Bandoulière), but felt like I was still missing something from the equation. I spent about a week and a half thinking it over, and after searching through the LV website, I decided I needed a day bag to go with it.

So anyways, I just got back from the boutique earlier today.........

WITH A NEW MICK GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd been wanting to buy a day bag to go with my Keepall 55 in Damier Graphite, but wasn't sure on whether or not I should go for it until today. I awoke and just kind of decided that I should at least "take a look" at what the store had to offer (you all know how that one goes....LOL). Once there I tried on both the MM and the GM, and found that the MM was a bit small for me. While it does hold A4 size folders and fit my 13" Macbook Air, the bag was easily dominated by just a small amount of content, and I figured the GM would be more realistic to use in a practical sense.

I absolutely love the zipper-closure top, and went for the Mick instead of the Daniel GM because of lack of a flap. I also love the zippers & how they're different on each side of the bag. They provide a way to almost "convert" the look and feel of the bag from more traditional with the horizontal zip to more modern & "rocker-esque" with the diagonal, so you're not just stuck with one look.

The interior is spacious and has 4 wallet-sized compartments for your necessities, as well as some pen holders and a D-clip for keys and accessories. I'll post some pics either tonight or tomorrow of the bag in greater detail.

Now, if only I can find a way to get the leather tabs at the base of the straps heat-stamped with my initials......:supacool:

Here are some photos of the new Mick! - I feel like I shouldn't even post a pic of the keepall since so many on the forum already have, but I'd be happy to do so if requested.

Pic 1: Horizontal Zip Birds-Eye View
    Pic 2: Horizontal Zip Sideways View / Strap & Hardware Detail
    Pic 3: Crappy Quality Interior Pocket / D-Ring Detail
    Pic 4: Diagonal Zip Sideways View / Strap & Hardware Detail
    Pic 5: Diagonal Zip Birds-Eye View

As you can see, the bag is fairly structured (especially the bottom), which is actually really great, IMO. I like that it doesn't sag with smaller quantities of contents and that it keeps it's shape while still being able to mold / adapt to your body.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BAG TO ANYBODY!!!!!

Thanks!

image-1 copy.jpeg image-2 copy.jpeg image-3 copy.jpeg image-4 copy.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. I LOVE the Mick GM. I actually thought about getting this before deciding to get a Keepall in Mono Macassar. Could we see some modeling shots? Congrats!

3. Congratulations! Great choices!

4. Love this bag!

5. Thank you, everybody!!! It's funny - Whenever I'm at LV, I get so hypnotized by the atmosphere, eye-candy, and desirables that it's only once I walk out of the store with a shopping bag in my hand that it really hits me (aka: THE NEW LV GRIN! :greengrin: )

Calvin7592- I'll definitely try to get a modeling shot up sometime tomorrow, and will also pack it with what I usually carry on a day-to-day basis so you guys can see its capacity. The GM is pretty large, but not so large that it's cumbersome, which is one of the reasons I decided on it. The MM seemed just a little too impractical for those days when you know you're gonna be carrying around a good amount of materials, so I went with my gut and sized up.

Thanks again for the appreciation, guys! I know some people on the form are practically buying a bag a week, and all the more to 'em, but I'd been fantasizing about buying a couple larger LV pieces for so long that this is very exciting for me!!

6. Congrats on your new LV's -- great choices!! Love the Mick GM!

7. great choice! congrats!

8. That is a very handsome bag! Fabulous taste you have there, Friend!

9. Congrats

10. gorgeous bag! damier graphite is my favourite print for men

11. Congratulations!

12. Great choices! Congrats! :smile:

13. you really made a great choice, this bag look so simple yet I can see that it definitely will look great when carried. Simple, CHIC~!

14. Congrats!Modeling pics pls.

15. I love the Damier Graphite print for my guys...I purchased the Daniel GM for my bf & he loves it too. You should totally keep adding items from the Damier Graphite line to your collection. They're beautiful pieces. Congratulations!....have you seen the belt?!?! it's hot!!!!