My Fiance needs a sports internship please help ladies!!

Good Evening Ladies,

Let me apologize in advance if this is considered totally unprofessional however my fiance is an MBA student who is in depesperate need of a Sports Internship:sad:. He wants to eventually manage a sports team in the near future and Iam trying to be the supportive friend and fiance by helping. We all have wanted to pursue our dreams and I am trying to assist just as I would anyone else:yes:. I have tried everything:crybaby:.. I personally met a guy who was suppose to be a "big wig" with the MLB he gave me his card for my Fiance to email no response. Any advice ladies we have tried everything!!!if you would rather not talk here I understand PM me :yes: any advice is appreciated:yes::tup::woohoo:

Does his school have any recruiters who come onto campus? Two of my sorority sisters are Sport Sciences / Business majors and they both worked with athletic teams this past year. They were able to land the internships when they met recruiters.

Is he a recent graduate? Does he have any kind of previous sports experience? Does his MBA include sports management classes? Does he LIKE sports? If so, which sports? 'Managing' a sports team in the near future is probably not going to happen... Sorry, but the sports industry is very competitive to get into and even more competive to get a management position. Are you willing to relocate?

Also, does he want an internship with a sports league or a team? You mentioned some leagues, but he would like to be part of team...so it's very different.

Last edited:
perhaps a sports management agency would be a good place to start? he could try contacting as many as possible and inquiring about internships. if he gets experience with those, it might be easier to land one with one of the major sports leagues.

Easiest is to get to know people in IMG and other sports-related agencies... I don't know the workings of North America but I know in Europe and Asia, IMG's big. Good luck.

I was on Time Warner's website last night and they had some sports-related internships in the Atlanta area that I noticed.

Most businesses, including sports organizations, have careers sections on their websites or listings of who to contact about positions. If no one you know has connections in the industry, that may be the best avenue to pursue. Also, his university might have a job listing service (that's how I got my current job, it wasn't listed publicly) that's available only to students and alumni, things like that are usually rife with internship and entry-level spots.

The sports industry is intensely competitive... what guy doesn't dream of managing a sports team?

If your fiance is getting his MBA from a decent school, they should have a lot of contacts through an alum network and also through on-campus recruiting. That would probably be the best avenue to take.

The sports industry is intensely competitive... what guy doesn't dream of managing a sports team?

If your fiance is getting his MBA from a decent school, they should have a lot of contacts through an alum network and also through on-campus recruiting. That would probably be the best avenue to take.

Agreed. Most of the jobs in industries that are at all fun are going to be intensely difficult to get, advanced degree or no. The best way in to these industries is through people that are already in them, and most reputable universities have networking opportunities available to students and alumni as well as career services.

^^^^^
And if the OP's fiance goes to a big sports school like University of Georgia, or Texas, or even University of Arizona... there's an even greater wealth of opportunity for the sports industry since I'm sure lots of nonathletes fall in love with sports and want to enter the field. Just a guess.

Without personal contacts, I can't think of another way to go about this.

go on like the NBA, NFL websites. maybe they have an area for job oppourtunites. find one near you and call and ask them if they would be willing to have an intern on board.

^^^^^
And if the OP's fiance goes to a big sports school like University of Georgia, or Texas, or even University of Arizona... there's an even greater wealth of opportunity for the sports industry since I'm sure lots of nonathletes fall in love with sports and want to enter the field. Just a guess.

Without personal contacts, I can't think of another way to go about this.
Honestly, I think we have an entire Sports Business program and major at UGA. Athletics is a huge part of the culture here and I know the Athletic Department offers internships for students looking to break in to the field. If the OP's school has a large AD, this might be the best place to start looking for contacts and experience.

To the OP - is your fiance in a specialized program? Does his school have a specialized program where he could perhaps contact some of the professors for advice and/or direction? He's a little late to be trying to break into such a competitive industry, IMO, he's going to need some help from outside sources if he hasn't already gotten some experience in the industry throughout his college and grad school careers.

By the way, kind of "sports internship?" Does he want to be on the business end? Managing the PR or the advertising content (i.e. working with ad agencies -- or even working IN an ad agency's sports division)? Every franchise is so huge, after all...

By the way, kind of "sports internship?" Does he want to be on the business end? Managing the PR or the advertising content (i.e. working with ad agencies -- or even working IN an ad agency's sports division)? Every franchise is so huge, after all...

Good point - does he want to be involved in the athletics, in the front office, in the marketing and PR? Because each of those things is going to take a completely different strategy to infiltrate.