My feet werent made for CL's

Jan 16, 2009
I've known this for quite some time now, but I think I was in denial and today I came to the sad realization that my feet were not made for CL's :sad:

Went to the boutique in Vegas tonight and tried on LOADS of shoes. 35.5 were waaaay too tight... Toes cramped and my veins in my feet were all popping out cuz they were so incredibly tight. 36's were too big.. I could fit a finger in the back.

I'm dying for a pair though! Has anyone else had this problem?

I blame my freakishly long 2nd toes and my very skinny heel :sad:. Sigh~

I know you said loads of shoes, but do you happen to remember which styles in particular? I had to come to the realization that certain styles and me just don't mix, but there may be others that are perfect. For example, maybe you cannot do closed-toe styles, but open-toe sandals are more forgiving. Additionally, when I am between sizes like that I tend to buy larger and pad them, so that could be a potential option too.

I agree with the peep toe option, if you have a long second toe, maybe try 35.5 with a peep toe? I try to buy cls with peep toes due to my longer big toe. I find them much more comfortable or I would just buy half a size larger and pad the insole or the heel.

I've known this for quite some time now, but I think I was in denial and today I came to the sad realization that my feet were not made for CL's :sad:

Went to the boutique in Vegas tonight and tried on LOADS of shoes. 35.5 were waaaay too tight... Toes cramped and my veins in my feet were all popping out cuz they were so incredibly tight. 36's were too big.. I could fit a finger in the back.

Buy the insoles..they are very helpful..i bought a pair recently (online). And it is was too big for me..almost a size or half..but by using those insoles (i used two insoles in a shoe), the shoe fits perfectly!! And feels more comfortable too...try buying those inserts, take them with you to the boutique. Try the shoes with the insoles..

Hope it will be helpful.

Good Luck.

LAvuittongirl, after reading a lot of the posts here on the CL section of PF, I would venture to say that a lot (if not most) of us have issues when we first wear CLs. Don't give up, try all the suggestions and hopefully you'll be posting modeling pics of your new CLs soon.

aww, i feel the same way. My feet are wide and completely flat, yet i would never wear under 4 inches, i prefer 5.. and just like you my feet look fat and veiny because theyre wide and no arch to create that nice looking curve :sad:

Keep trying them on, youll find some that work for you.

I have the exact same feet! I love the very prive and altadama styles the most, i find they dont have as much heel slippage and they have room for my 2nd toe. Try these styles out they will probably work for you

bjorn said:
Buy the insoles..they are very helpful..i bought a pair recently (online). And it is was too big for me..almost a size or half..but by using those insoles (i used two insoles in a shoe), the shoe fits perfectly!! And feels more comfortable too...try buying those inserts, take them with you to the boutique. Try the shoes with the insoles..

Hope it will be helpful.

Good Luck.

I never thought of using 2 insoles! I always have to use insoles with other Designers, but I never initially have the problems I do with CL's when FIRST trying them on. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep trying. *fingers crossed*

GSDlover said:
LAvuittongirl, after reading a lot of the posts here on the CL section of PF, I would venture to say that a lot (if not most) of us have issues when we first wear CLs. Don't give up, try all the suggestions and hopefully you'll be posting modeling pics of your new CLs soon.

Thank you! I reallllly hope so! I didn't know buying shoes could be THIS difficult! Haha.

coconess said:
aww, i feel the same way. My feet are wide and completely flat, yet i would never wear under 4 inches, i prefer 5.. and just like you my feet look fat and veiny because theyre wide and no arch to create that nice looking curve :sad:

Keep trying them on, youll find some that work for you.

I am the same way. I don't want to wear under 4 inches. I tried on the Bianca 120mm and they fit a TAD bit better, but I REALLLLY want the 140's. Not only did they not fit well, but my DH said my feet looked really weird in them (veins popping out and feet looking squished). Sigh~

Which styles work for you?

Ayala said:
I know you said loads of shoes, but do you happen to remember which styles in particular? I had to come to the realization that certain styles and me just don't mix, but there may be others that are perfect. For example, maybe you cannot do closed-toe styles, but open-toe sandals are more forgiving. Additionally, when I am between sizes like that I tend to buy larger and pad them, so that could be a potential option too.

I tried on Biancas (120 and 140), very prive, pigalles, and a few other styles that I can't remember. The SA was just bringing out EVERY size 35.5 she had that were 4 inches+. In the end, she just suggested for me to go for slingbacks cuz she could see none of them were fitting properly. But, I have SOOO many slingbacks cuz of the narrow heel problem :/

Acheriontop said:
I agree with the peep toe option, if you have a long second toe, maybe try 35.5 with a peep toe? I try to buy cls with peep toes due to my longer big toe. I find them much more comfortable or I would just buy half a size larger and pad the insole or the heel.

I tried the peep toes too and didn't work out for me :sad:

Thnx ladies for all the advice and suggestions. I think I might try going back again another time armed with insoles. I PRAY that works. I'll be so sad if I could never own at least ONE pair.

skislope15 said:
I have the exact same feet! I love the very prive and altadama styles the most, i find they dont have as much heel slippage and they have room for my 2nd toe. Try these styles out they will probably work for you

I didn't try the altadama. Will keep that in mind nxt time. Thanks!!