my favorite new bracelet

gracekelly i love the little bits hanging off too, the rabbit ears. i have to admit, i was a little pleased that i wrapped it up this time with the "hermes" copyright showing and i did not mind glimpsing that every now and then one bit.
excellent question. let me unwrap. i've been wearing it wrapped for... 6 hours now.

gracekelly i love the little bits hanging off too, the rabbit ears. i have to admit, i was a little pleased that i wrapped it up this time with the "hermes" copyright showing and i did not mind glimpsing that every now and then one bit.
excellent question. let me unwrap. i've been wearing it wrapped for... 6 hours now.

I wrapped a handbag handle once with a non-H scrarf and left it wrapped for a very long time. I'm afraid the scarf didn't look too good when I unwrapped. In fact, at the time I was proud of my cleverness in doing the wrap ( just copied Prada on that one, ha ha!) that I showed the DH. He said to me, "I hope you didn't use one of your H scarves!":blink: Let's hope the H silk is more resilient than the cheaper spread:yes:

lol, omgd, i forgot to get back to you on this. ooops.
okay, i think there are 2 reasons the bracelet thing will not stress the scarf as much as the handle will - a. it's wrapped but there is no pressure on it either from a warm hand essentially ironing it all day, lol, or from the weight of the bag requiring you to hold it extra firmly, etc. so it's wrapped but it's not pressed. okay and b. it is pretty thick silk. :smile: can't vouch for other silks, as i only am using this as a way to enjoy my pochettes and i don't own any other pocket squares other than my 2 hermes ones. so how would i describe the silk now, 6 hours later...
hmm, yes, it has some waves that it didn't have prior to wrapping it around the bangle, but not deep creases by any means. i wouldn't hesitate to now use this pochette either in my hair as a headband, a hear scarf (triangle-style, whatever that's called) or as a cute pouf around my neck. also, since it's been lying here for over an hour, i would say the waves that it did have are even more relaxed.
fesdu, try your twilly for a few hours and tell us if it's rippled afterwards, lol. although even if it is, hand-washing a twilly would be a piece of cake.

I do think the H silk is so much sturdier than other silks out there. I have found that when I do the knots in the large scarf, I once told you how to do this HH, eventually the silk relaxes back to flatness. I don't think I would store the bracelet wrapped, for any length of time, however. In any event, what a fun new way to make use of your things, especially when it is too hot to wear them the ususal way. I have only used pochettes on my bags or in a blazer pocket, but I will def. try this! Hooray for you HH for cleverness!

my twilly is still on that bracelet (since last night). I am not wearing it right now though. it's sitting my desk at home.
so i'll report back tonight. see how it is 18-20 hrs later.

Minnie i posted a mini tutorial with pictures on page 3 or 4 of this thread. it was a smooth (that is really important) bangle. i don't know if it's bakelite or plastic though, honestly. but anyway, lightish but firm (not rubber, lol). if you look at the pics, you'll see i folded the scarf into a long thin flat shape, then put the short end of one side through and from there began wrapping the scarf, looping it through and through, each time a bit more over - not wrapping it over on the same spot. then once you've traveled all around the bangle, you'll have another small end to meet with the original small end. tie them once or twice (i like twice). you can also tweak it a bit by adjusting the silk after you've knotted it, sliding it this way or that in places that need to be lined up better. hth

report back about the twilly. I just opened it up from the bracelet. looks perfect. only a little crease at where i tie the bunny ears.
gotta love Hermes silk!

I thought I had posted to this thread but I guess not: this is such a cute idea!! An SA I was talking to recently mentioned that she does something like this, but until I saw yours, I didn't quite get it. Very cute!