My family and their LV

OMG. :sad: I would be so upset. That is why I never let anyone borrow my LV bags. They would now know how to take care of them unless they were an addict like me. You should try and explain to them that these bags are expensive and they should try to take better care of them unless they want to buy you a replacement bag.

I;m just like you with my bags, everyone thinks i;m crazy--I have a special place in my car--i keep a towel on my back seat and thats where my bag stays when I drive (lol)..and also I went out to dinner last night and made sure my bag was set down on a clean seat next to me. LOL..my mother in law asked me to borrow my neverfull about 2 weeka ago and I felt so bad becasue I know she is so careless and will throw it around and put it anywhere and get the leather all scratched and dirty so I told my husband to tell her she cant =/ ..I had to say no or else I woudlve never used it again. I would NEVER let anyone borrow my Loui's not because I dont like to share but because if someone else makes it dirty I wont want to wear it ever again.

Euuwww! I'm glad my family understands how I baby my bags, they would never do anything that will make me upset. For example, if my mum borrow one of my bags, she will treat it with outmost care coz she knew how I feel about these bags. Even my dad understands me pretty well. He laugh when we were on the plane and the stewardess asked me to put my birkin at the overhead compartment during take off. He saw the disgusted look on my face and just laugh out loud.
I can understand you're feeling frustrated seeing your family members like this. Seriously, I would be too.

How icky...not just over the mistreatment of bags, but a baby chewing on a wallet & bag handles? That's so unsanitary! Stop letting your family borrow your things. Fortunately for me, my family knows how to be responsible with other people's belongings.

Why would you ever bother letting your family use your stuff when you know how horrible they take care of things. You really have no reason to complain since you are allowing it to happen. You can't be taken advantage of unless you let someone do it.

Maybe this was the first time they were using her bags and she did not know they would treat them like they did.:shrugs:

Sorry to hear that.. My mum is very careful with her bags, and with mine too, because she knows I'll be very upset and angry if anything bad would happen to my baby!
Don't let your family borrow your things anymore!!!!

your story reminds me of me.sad to admit but its true..i don't treat my LVs too well either..when its new i put them in box dust bag.. but after my first use.. they just end up on the floor or the couch..

i NEVER EVER lend out anything that I take precious to my heart...nope, not ANYONE...they can feel it, see it, talk about it, but I will never let them take it home with them....

I'm so sorry that your stuff wasn't treated properly. I would not let them borrow them again and be up front about why. If they take offense, just ask them to respect your opinions, that's all.

Personally, I trash my bags, I have 2 LV's and some others and they get everything on them. Last Saturday night, my I spilled a margarita on my Damier Hampstead (I did clean it right away though), but I have a soy sauce spill on the inside and some nail polish on the handle.

I figure it's ok if I trash my own stuff, but no one should disrepect someone else's property that way.

If they're doing that to yor bags, obviously you have to stop letting them borrow them. Otherwise if the bags in question are theirs it's really their call.