my facebook account

imeelove

Jan 17, 2009
so i'm on facebook and posted some pix wearing LV, burberry and gucci bags. i would get tons of comments, some are nice some are not. some would borrow money from me assuming i have a "fat" wallet. some would want to borrow my bags. my DH read all these comments and want me to delete my picture posts. i do like to flaunt my bags a bit as they are my favorite thing in the world more than diamonds and jewelry (i would sell all of them for LV). and i love to see some of my friends wearing their Lvs as well.

should i delete my pictures from my facebook just to stop reading comments from the people on my network? is my DH being reasonable about this?

It depends, when you read the comments other people make about your pics, do you get offended? Does it bother you when some of these comments are made?

If you do, then delete the pics, but, if the comments brush right off you, then leave some of the pics up.

sometimes they bother me, but not enough for me to delete my pix. some friends had totally stopped talking/chatting with me since my post. what should i do about this?

You could always delete the friends that are making the comments that make you feel uncomfortable. You have total control over Facebook, it is YOUR page to do with as you like. If your friends don't understand that is their problem!

i, too, am on facebook.. my advice is that you "limit" the accessibility of the photos to certain people only, or 'just friends' (not the network).. AND you can delete the negative comments as well.. :cool:

I don't have a facebook so I don't know much about it, but if my dh wanted me to take pics down, I would respect his request and do so.

I'm really leary when it comes to the Internet. I belonged to a pregnancy/TTC/IF board and let me just say there are some crazy's out there. Women stalked another girl and pieced enough info together about her and began calling her family members and work...all because they thought she was lying about if she was the owner of the business. That is scary to me! I do have pics up of my collection on tpf but sometimes I think gosh is it such a good idea? What if someone does the same thing and manages to actually find my home and rob us? If you think about it, it could happen if I shared too much info over a period of time! (those other women on the other board went back years to piece
things together!)

Anyways, I'd take the pics down then your dh is happy and you won't get upset over negative comments left by friends! You could always start your own collection thread here to share your other designers bags! Let's face it, we are really the only people who get your love for bags! And we will always accept your love of bags!

I'm on fb too and I don't broadcast my bag collection on there. Why? Because I don't like people knowing what I have - some ppl get very jealous and think they can take advantage of you. I also hate having to answer questions about how much things are.

If it doesn't bother you leave the pix on there but be prepared for the backlash

I think your husband is right to delete. I have a facebook account and none of my friends or family would appreciate or understand my desire for expensive handbags. I don't want to throw it in their faces that I am able to spend so much and most of them can not. I would only share with TPF because they understand.

The friends with negative comments aren't real friends in the first place. I'm not on facebook for this reason. Just share your bags here! We all understand!;)

I'm on fb too and I don't broadcast my bag collection on there. Why? Because I don't like people knowing what I have - some ppl get very jealous and think they can take advantage of you. I also hate having to answer questions about how much things are.

If it doesn't bother you leave the pix on there but be prepared for the backlash

^^ I feel the same. When I want to share and discuss handbags I come here. It's more fun anyway :smile: I do want to add that if people are over the top nasty, I would recommend deleting them. That level of negativty isn't something you need in life.

Just try not to broadcast or seem like you're showing off (not saying that you are). I have a lot of pics on fb (maybe too many lol) some of which have me carrying bags but I try not to draw attention to it. For example I post a pic "me at the club" not "me at the club with my LV" KWIM? Just save that for us here lol