My extra courier is causing a work rift....

what in the cheese...:wtf: that lady sounds completely bonkers!! :wacko: good for you for telling the HR dude AND crazy lady that what you do with your salary is YOUR choice! People these days...:rolleyes:

a million congrats on the promotion! sounds like you're handling the whole situation very openly, which can only de-escalate the issue. :drinkup:

wow...i've always wanted to be around when karma comes back to someone who's peeved me. lucky you for living out my dream :P

While the coworker is a complete nutso, I honestly don't see what the HR director did that was so wrong. While discussing salaries isn't against the law, it is certainly a way to raise lots of office drama. If his job is to keep office drama to a minimum, I don't see how pulling Clake aside and asking him if he was discussing his salary with his coworker. Obviously, the lady didn't go into details about the discussion between her and Clake, so the HR director probably wanted to find out exactly what went on that would get her so bent out of shape.

If I was HR director, I wouldn't want employees going around bragging about how much they make and what kind of expensive things they can buy with it - while Clake obviously wasn't doing this, the Director didn't know until he spoke with him. There's nothing wrong with hearing both sides of the story.
I respectfully disagree. I think the co-worker was lacking judgement/manners and common sense in doing what she did. But, I feel the HR director was lacking professionalism by even taking her petty gripe seriously. Imo, a true 'leader' would have 'settled' her down and respectfully let her know that his finances/personal spending was none of her concern, never mentioned it to Clake, and done everything in his power to not only minimize drama, but extinquish it.