My Experience Buying a Bag from BBOS / Avelle

windy852

May 17, 2009
First of all, I've already posted this on the Authentication thread. However, this is not for authentication, I just wanted to show my experience since I haven't seen anyone post about purchasing from the site before.

So, I purchased this YSL Muse from their site, which was listed for $995.

So three things BBOS promises:
Guaranteed Authentic
Perfect Condition
"No Exeptions"

Its HORRIBLE! They have no fulfilled ANY of those promises!!! The bag is in HORRIBLE condition!!!! It doesn't even stand up on its own! Now granted that it is real (I have my doubts), the leather is either super thin or super damaged. I'm not sure which, but they have a store credit only return policy which I'm not thrilled about. I don't plan on buying another handbag from them so I guess I'm going to have to send this to refurbishing and see if I can salvage this bag at all?

And I'm not sure if this is strange or not, but there's no "YSL Muse" embossing on the front of the bag under the lock!!!!!

DONT ORDER FROM THIS SITE! I once purchased an oversize YSL muse for about $100 more from Fashionphile, and it was in MUCH better condition and the packaging was impeccable. The BBOS package looked like it was kicked around like a soccer ball. I'm going to call in tomorrow and see if I can SOMEHOW get a full refund for my purchase.

Here are the pics:

DSCN0875.jpg

DSCN0876.jpg

DSCN0219.jpg

DSCN0220.jpg

DSCN0225.jpg

DSCN0231.jpg

DSC_1000.jpg

DSC_1010.jpg

Aiii, do you think it's possible to somehow get my money back? I'm not sure what to do with this bag since I don't think it's wearable.

Last edited:
Can you return it? Sorry, I'm not aware of the return policy. I would try that first before putting any more money into a bag you don't love.

Also, I it IS a rental bag, so I can see how the leather is broken in and smooshy. Most people renting them probably won't baby them like they would their own bag. (It's like a rental car, the driver won't slow down as much over train tracks like they would if they owned the car, lol.)

Good luck! :smile:

I personally can't see the issues in the photos but photos are way different than real life. To me it just looks soft and smooshy. What is the retail on this bag? Did you get a good deal or pay close to retail? I once wanted to purchase a bag from them but they wanted me to pay FULL retail and the bag was a rental! Really? You want me to pay $2200 for a bag that clearanced at $1500 and that you've been renting out for a year? They are such a joke and I'm honestly surprised they can stay in business.

Can you return it? Sorry, I'm not aware of the return policy. I would try that first before putting any more money into a bag you don't love.

Also, I it IS a rental bag, so I can see how the leather is broken in and smooshy. Most people renting them probably won't baby them like they would their own bag. (It's like a rental car, the driver won't slow down as much over train tracks like they would if they owned the car, lol.)

Good luck! :smile:

I called in today they said I could return it for a fulll refund since they sent me the wrong size bag...they don't even have the Large in stock right now

Wow sorry OP for your bad purchase. I bought a balenciaga pencil case from them last week and was actually pretty happy with it. I did annoy me a little however that they don't do a good job with the item descriptions on the website, like what it comes with, what condition, what year etc. I bought it completely "blind" thinking it wouldn't come with anything and it actually came with dust bag, but It all seemed a bit random.

Wow sorry OP for your bad purchase. I bought a balenciaga pencil case from them last week and was actually pretty happy with it. I did annoy me a little however that they don't do a good job with the item descriptions on the website, like what it comes with, what condition, what year etc. I bought it completely "blind" thinking it wouldn't come with anything and it actually came with dust bag, but It all seemed a bit random.

I spoke with a lady named Erin over the phone and she thinks that my handbag "fell through the cracks". Which happens, I guess. I'm mailing it back to Avelle today, but I'm so wary of buying from them now despite the good deals :/

I'm glad that your Balenciaga was in good condition!

I had a similar experience when I bought from them about 3 years ago. I bought a used Kooba Sienna (that should tell you how long ago it was *LOL*) and when it arrives it was in HORRENDOUS condition. The braided drawstrings were very frayed, there were stains on it, they didn't stuff it, they didn't even ship it inside of it's dustbag. It was awful and for the price they charged me, I was outraged. I was able to ship it back for a refund, but then I had to wait for weeks after I'd confirmed they received the bag, to get my refund. I had to call them multiple times about it.

The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and considering their pictures aren't actually of the item you're going to get, I wouldn't buy from them again I don't think.

Sorry to hear your bad experience OP.. but I once purchase a miu miu bag from them.. it is like brand new condition, packaged nicely and they have a few in stock at the time.. so i think the bag i got was those unrented ones.. but that was last year before they start selling massive used bag like now.