My Experience Buying a Bag from BBOS / Avelle

I wouldn't bother asking them about item conditions or for more pictures before purchase. I have tried multiple times only to be informed that they don't have the time to devote to describing their products. I asked for more pictures of a bag and they gave me a link to the purseblog entry where they had reviewed the same bag. Thanks a lot avelle, I'm pretty sure I am not buying that exact bag. Sure your staged pictures look fine but I highly doubt the bag I am getting will look like that. And since you can't be bothered to post more than one picture, I can't be bothered to open my wallet.

:shocked: Wow, now THAT is quite the honest answer and not very professional if they want to amass more clientele.

A few years ago I was able to procure a Chanel reissue flap from them and was pleasantly shocked when the bag came nicely packaged, with auth card and dust bag. It was as if no one had worn it before. I am sure a lot has changed since then (i.e. - store credit only policy). I will not buy from them in the future knowing this. Their new policy scares me away. Just too risky. I'd rather buy from *bay instead.

Windy - If you're looking for a MAC, I would definitely recommend visiting other reputable sites other than bbos. I'm sure you can get a better deal plus peace of mind of the condition of the bag. Check out the RM subforum!

ps - glad you were able to get a refund, whew!

:shocked: Wow, now THAT is quite the honest answer and not very professional if they want to amass more clientele.

A few years ago I was able to procure a Chanel reissue flap from them and was pleasantly shocked when the bag came nicely packaged, with auth card and dust bag. It was as if no one had worn it before. I am sure a lot has changed since then (i.e. - store credit only policy). I will not buy from them in the future knowing this. Their new policy scares me away. Just too risky. I'd rather buy from *bay instead.

Windy - If you're looking for a MAC, I would definitely recommend visiting other reputable sites other than bbos. I'm sure you can get a better deal plus peace of mind of the condition of the bag. Check out the RM subforum!

ps - glad you were able to get a refund, whew!

I didn't buy the MAC, I knew it would be foolish to! I recently purchased the brown croc embossed MAC from Gilt and I had a $25 referral credit on top of it! Even cheaper and way better looking than what BBOS was selling!!!

Hi,
have question ....
i got a quote from BBOS for my LV speedy 25 ...$330 cash or $495 store credit , etc etc

Once we receive the item and it passes our inspection and authentication process, we will automatically receive it into our inventory and remit payment to you. The evaluation may take 2-4 business days once your item is checked in. We will then mail the check or credit your account, and notify you via email.

So i was thinking either i could have $330 cash in advance via check, or $495, i have to send out my purse first then wait until pass inspection then i have an option either i want the store credit or check, is that right ?
that was i understand from the quote said.

Today they told me that i only have store credit and if i want cash then they will send me the check at $330 ...

sounds like they will send me a check at $330 without seeing my purse or i can send my purse without money (means i send something worh $500 to someone that i dont know after inspection then they will pay me $495) what do you think ?

thank you all

Hi,
have question ....
i got a quote from BBOS for my LV speedy 25 ...$330 cash or $495 store credit , etc etc

Once we receive the item and it passes our inspection and authentication process, we will automatically receive it into our inventory and remit payment to you. The evaluation may take 2-4 business days once your item is checked in. We will then mail the check or credit your account, and notify you via email.

So i was thinking either i could have $330 cash in advance via check, or $495, i have to send out my purse first then wait until pass inspection then i have an option either i want the store credit or check, is that right ?
that was i understand from the quote said.

Today they told me that i only have store credit and if i want cash then they will send me the check at $330 ...

sounds like they will send me a check at $330 without seeing my purse or i can send my purse without money (means i send something worh $500 to someone that i dont know after inspection then they will pay me $495) what do you think ?

thank you all

I'm gonna try to answer your questions as best I can cause I'm kinda confused by your wording, but here goes...
1. they make you an offer via email
2. you choose either cash or store credit and mail in the bag
3. they recieve your bag and inspect it
4. If the bag matches their expectations, they will IMMEDIATELY send you a check or issue you the store credit, you don't get to change your mind.
5. If the bag DOES NOT meet their expectatations, e.g. they need to do some kind of repair and want to offer you $50 less than their original offer, they will send you an email letting you know this and you can either choose to have them send the bag back to you, or you can accept their new offer which will still be in the same method of "payment" you chose in the beginning.