My Experience at The View Clinic, Gangnam, Seoul

I got my rhino done with Dr Lee Dong Chan at View, and I'm loving my new nose so much too! They're really good with noses and will do their best to give you your desired nose.

Awsome to hear about your wonderful time at View. I was there 3 weeks ago, and they actually have 3 English consultants who attended to me, not just one. They also told me about their 10 year no accident story, but take that with the smallest grain of salt because that claim does not cover botches.

Are those English consultants fluent in English?

My Experience at The View Clinic, Gangnam, Seoul.

I just returned from my trip to Seoul this past week, where I had Rhinoplasty (including Osteotomy) and Double Eyelid Surgery (including Epi and Ptosis correction). Since I found the PurseForum discussions to be very helpful in narrowing down my choice of clinic and understanding what to expect, I’d like to return the favor and help others out there who are considering plastic surgery in Seoul.

Before my trip to Seoul:

I researched clinics and experiences of others endlessly through online discussion forums and clinic websites. I maintained a detailed spreadsheet of around 8 clinics that I wanted to pursue in further detail. I knew that there were both positive and negative reviews out there, but after narrowing down the list to 8 clinics and considering the reviews I was going to make my final choice based on my own interaction and experience with each clinic. After phoning and e-mailing each clinic and figuring out pricing and surgical options, I further narrowed my choice down to 3 clinics.

The reason I chose The View Clinic from the numerous other clinics came down to the fact that it reassured me that they had had no medical accidents for over 10 years and my personal interaction with them through countless phone calls and e-mails were all very positive. The staff at The View Clinic were consistent in their communication to me and it just felt right. This was a big decision for me as this is my face that I was about to change and I wanted to be 100% comfortable with my choice.

One month out from my trip to Seoul I confirmed my surgical appointment with The View and paid a deposit. I did read other reviews advising against this, but I paid a deposit for a few reasons: 1. I was only going to be in Seoul for 2.5 weeks and did not want to spend my vacation interviewing clinics when I could be enjoying the city. 2. I wanted to have a confirmed surgery date so that I could plan around my surgery and recovery. 3. For peace of mind - so that I did not have to think about planning this surgery any longer as I had already been planning for the prior 6 months!

Packing for my trip:

Thanks to all of the blogs and plastic surgery reviews online, I picked up some good tips on what to pack for the surgery part of my trip to Seoul. Some of the items that helped in my recovery included:
- Straws - to help me drink the first few days after my surgery,
- Throat lozenges - to soothe the dry throat after surgery,
- Arnica gel and tablets.
- Face mask - but I found that I didn’t really need it.

Other than the above, I packed pretty light, so that I could shop in Seoul! While in Seoul I also bought a sun visor to conceal the bandages - I prefer visors over hats :smile:

Consultation and Surgery Day:

I fasted all morning prior to arriving at The View Clinic for the consultation and surgery. The consultation with the eyelid doctor and the nose doctor went well. It was obvious that they have a lot of experience with what works based on my unique features, that I was comfortable with what they recommended. The consultations were around 15 minutes each and the english-speaking coordinator translated every step of the way. I was then taken into surgery prep where I cleansed my face and put on a patient outfit for surgery. The actual surgery was surreal and happened so quickly. As other reviewers mentioned, I was also to open and close my eyes a few times during surgery. During double eyelid (and ptosis and epi) surgery, I could kind of feel the sensation of having spoons cup my pupils - it’s the best way I can describe it. For double eyelid surgery, I was put under local anesthesia. I didn’t feel any needles when they injected the anesthetic. Then for rhinoplasty (and osteotomy), I was under general anesthesia. I don’t remember a thing about the rhinoplasty. Before I knew it, I was awake and stumbling to the restroom - I do remember that as soon as it was all over I was so dizzy. Also, my throat was super dry. I took a taxi ride back to the hotel - and didn’t even remember!

Recovery:

When all of the previous posts talked about needing to be patient with recovery, I didn’t think it would affect me that much. Was I wrong! I too, need to learn patience as I wonder how long it will take for my nose bridge to look more natural and for the swelling from my double eyelid surgery to go down. Particularly since I had ptosis correction, the swelling will take longer to ease. Throughout the week after my surgery, I did go to the View a few times to have de-swelling treatment as well as my hair washed.

I’ve been back home now for a few weeks and slowly I can see improvements in the swelling. I’ve read that I need to wait for at least a few months to gauge the results. Even then, I think the appearance will have subtle changes for several more months after that. I'll post another update in a couple of months on my double eyelid and rhinoplasty recovery.

Overall, a great experience at The View Clinic in Seoul - I’ll be going back to them in future when I need any work done!

Thanks for sharing, how is it going now?

I didn't know view was famous for rhinoplasty and eyelid surgery.. Thought they were good for facial contouring.
I might add View to my list for rhinoplasty clinics :smile: Thanks for your review!

I didn't know view was famous for rhinoplasty and eyelid surgery.. Thought they were good for facial contouring.
I might add View to my list for rhinoplasty clinics :smile: Thanks for your review!

As I see their Youtube and webpage, they are famous for facial contouring & breast surgery, also famous eyes and nose doctors joined I think. I didn't know View well, but they look good and nice. I will have surgery and will share review!

Reactions: smile07