My Ever-growing Collection of Bags!

And onto the Diors!
As I said somewhere above, I was really interested in branching out into some brands which I didn't know as much about. Dior was certainly one of those brands which I was constantly seeing and hearing about, but had never pulled the trigger on.
...Until I saw this little bag on Yoogi's closet!

Not only is this my first Dior, but my first exotic!

My Blue Python Lady Dior

I was in the market for something a bit different -- I have so many flap-style bags which are beautiful, but not always the easiest to use, particularly when they are relatively small, like my Classic flap. Further, I had seen lots of quilted lady Diors, but never found myself in love enough to purchase one, though I love the history of the bag and I felt like style wise, It would work well for me.
Then, I saw I saw this one and thought why not try something a bit different.

Like the flap bags, its still a bit hard to get into, but I like that I have nothing else like it! The color is also very unique, and I'm not sure the camera does it justice. It has a bit of grey, and a bit of green, and thus wears beautiful with a variety of colors. I also love the way the blue goes with the silver hardware -- it's really a pretty stunning combination!

The shoulder strap also makes it very usuable, though sometimes the handles do feel a tad in the way. IMO, it's worth it for such a beautiful piece!

On another note, while I love this bag, I do wish the scale were flatter (Does anyone have a remedy for that? :confused1:) I assume this is just a product of how snakeskin ages, but I would like to make sure she lasts as long as possible.

My first Dior, but definitely not the last! :yahoo:
tempImageVBAw0v.png

Almost done!

One of my newest acquisitions, my Beige Dior Diorissimo!

IMO, the Diorissimo is the perfect combination of dainty/ladylike and practicality. It's a wonderful every day bag that has all the ladylike style for which Dior is known. Size wise, it's pretty close to perfect for me!

The leather on this bag is also absolutely gorgeous. It's soft and flexible but the bag holds its shape wonderfully so it doesn't feel at all sloppy.

I also am really enjoying the color, as I have realized that my collection is lacking in lighter colors. This beige is a very pretty one which is not too grey, not too taupe, and has a bit of pink in it. I think it's a great neutral for all seasons, and can definitely see myself wearing it in the summer. I also LOVE the colorful interior -- every time I open it, I just smile! tempImageAA1JIQ.png

Ok everyone (or no one!) Last one!

My YSL Small Lou Camera Bag

This one was a Christmas gift this year, so I haven't yet used it, but I am SO happy to finally have a camera bag!
I have a lot of fairly fancy small bags, but have been sorely lacking a more simple/casual bag, and this YSL fits that niche just perfectly!

I love the color as well -- the perfect shade of ivory, which compliments the antique gold hardware so well! Like the Dior, I think this is a great bag for both summer and winter too!
tempImageKWDUEk.png

Last edited:
I really enjoyed this thread, you've got a great collection.

I have some python bags and have read that when they get dry, the scales lift. The lifting doesn't bother me in terms of visuals but I'm worrried it will snag clothing thus I made the effort to moisturize. There are conditioners for exotics - I use Bickmore exotics. Tbh I am not sure if the conditioner prevented lifting on my bags - maybe the python is just that good (10+ year old Marc Jacobs and Ferragamo).

I have really enjoyed this thread-thank you so much for sharing! Your photos and stories are wonderful and I love some of the sentimental meanings behind some of these. I’m currently at home recovering from COVID and seeing some eye candy has definitely helped me feel better❤️
Thank you for sharing and I can’t wait to see new additions when they pop up!

Loved seeing and reading about your collection! You seem really faithful to your bags over the years - do you ever thinking about downsizing, you know, looking at each category, ordering them from most to least loved and getting into reselling? I did this recently, and it has been a breath of fresh air. (And I have two new babies on the way!!)

Hello ladies!

Back again with another update -- I realized i've updated this page every year right after Christmas for the last few years, so I might as well continue the tradition!

Anyone up for a few new reveals? The last one is the best one!!

First up my my Prada hobo!
I've been trying to add more light colored bags to my collection -- this is the PERFECT white bag for summer. She's lightweight, and has a really easy/chic vibe. I used it all summer, and it's broken in beautifully. Not the best pic, but a beauty! Also, my first Prada in a very long time and the only one currently in my collection.

IMG_6908 copy.jpg

Next up is my Goyard St. Louis PM!
This one was a bit of a wild-card for me -- I like Goyard but I wasn't sure if I'd like how flimsy this bag is. Because of that, I'd never pulled the trigger to buy one (that, and the fact they are nearly impossible to buy new, and used, are terribly overpriced). My daughter happened to be in Paris a few weeks ago and was able to stop into the flagship and pick it up for me! I think this is a great addition since I have very few, if any, patterned bags. I'm also going to try to travel more this year, so I think this will be the perfect travel companion!

tempImageUTkamk.png

Reactions: LVMOMMY
Next was a Christmas gift!
As I said, I'm trying to get away from all black and dark bags, so another light colored one! My Louis Vuitton Buci in Quartz!
I saw this one online and just thought it was a really cute shape. I like Epi leather too because of its structure and durability, so I think this will be a very useful bag. My son tried to order it for Christmas, but LV wasn't able to ship it in time for the holiday, so he took a little road trip with his friend to grab it just for me! :love: The color is just gorgeous and very wearable. I think it also transitions very well from a winter white to a summer white since it is just the right amount of creamy.

tempImageSWANMq.png