My Ever-chaning Bag Collection

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This is my current bag collection. I'm going to be a senior in electrical engineering this coming fall and have been collecting bags for nearly two years now. Being in college I usually buy preowned, but typically only bags that in new/like new condition and having a lot of seasonal bags (from the mid to late 2000s), it's been a challenge. Below is an overview of my collection, but I've let quite a few bags go becasue I'm moving in two weeks. The bags that I've let go are the large Philip Lim Pashli in Black Cream, large Givenchy Obsedia satchel in black goatskin with gold hardware, Gucci New Bamboo Top Handle (I'll put a picture - it was gorgeous, but I didn't use it over my Lady Diors), Large quilted Givenchy Lucrezia in lambskin (too large for everyday and I don't want lambskin luggage), and a Dior Granville Polochon in black/silver hardware (again, I'd rather use my large Lady Dior in the same combo).

My Collection:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Gucci that I let go:
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]

2. #2 Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    Dior has been my favorite brand for a few months and I've gone a bit overboard. I still want to get the black lambskin with the older yellow gold Lady Dior bag in both sizes.
    These are my Lady Diors. I had the green one on the end custom dyed from a sky blue. I bought it in really poor condition because it was an experiment. The leather was stained and worn, but the bag still had a pretty good structure, but they ended up just using leather paint, which ruined the texture and sheen of the lambskin, and when they sent it back the folded the bad so the handles were flat against the side of the bag. When I got it the handles had melted to the side of the bag and bent the top leather out of place. When I separated the handle, it tore up some of the paint, so there were light blue spots showing through. It took 2 hours with a green sharpie (that somehow turned out to match the color of the bag perfectly when layered) in sunlight to repair it. I also have to touch up the threading on the sides/corners with the sharpie whenever I use it because the paint wears off of the thread really quickly. I did my research too. They didn't have a single complaint that I could find; A+ on BBB, a few raving independent blog posts, and almost entirely 5 star reviews on Yelp... but I won't ever be dyeing a bag again.

The second one is from the 2007 Odyssey collection and had a 3-D scale design. It was my first Lady Dior and still remains my favorite seasonal out of all of the ones I've seen. From left green medium lambskin, black scaled medium with tarnished gunmetal hardware (idk what it's made of), black patent medium flat cannage, black medium cannage lambskin, and black large cannage lambskin.

[​IMG]

The patent Dior with gold hardware is the only true vintage on my collection - it's 19 years old and still going strong. The woven bag is my current beach bag. When I saw it I thought that it'd be perfect for it.

[​IMG]

3. My previous favorite brand was Prada. They have my two all time favorite collections - F/W 2006 and F/W 2007. It's a shame that I was only 11 when they came out. My first designer bag was a Prada nylon backpack (not the classic, but a larger size with the logo on the back) that I used my senior year of high school. It only lasted that one year though as carrying textbooks from 5 AP classes back and forth destroyed it. My current favorite school bag is the black saffiano on the right below.

[​IMG]

I was re-watching the Devil Wears Prada, as one does, when I noticed this bag and had to have it. So I bought it in the color from the film and in black. One thing that I love to do is re-watch fashion heavy movies/TV shows (Ugly Betty, Gossip Girl, ect.) and see how many more designers I can recognize. Way back when it was only Burberry and Gucci and only if those pieces screamed the brand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are from the F/W 2007. I rarely use them because the first time that I used the smaller bag, I got a huge scuff on the front and when I buffed it out, I had ruined the finish on the area. The area was really dull compared to the surrounding leather that had a fairly high shine. I tried in vain to reshine the area, so I resolved to dull the rest of the front. It still has a nice sheen to it, but when compared to the back, which has the original finish, it makes my die a little inside; but I still love it.

[​IMG]

As soon as I saw the Men's F/W 2006, I knew I had to have this bag BECAUSE IT HAS A MOTHER FUDGIN' DRAGON ON IT!!! I could've gotten the slightly different gold version in the black nylon, but I rarely use this one so I couldn't justify it. I loved this toe so much when I saw that they made matching belts, it became my mission to get as many as I could, and I'm still on that never ending quest.

[​IMG]

4. I have a few bags from random other brands that I've acquired over the months.
    Vicktor and Rolf Bombette Bags: These remind me or curtain rods and I like that.

[​IMG]

Neil Barret bags : The black one it my most used bag. I bought three of the black one and I'm already on my second one. The blue one doesn't get enough love, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

[​IMG]

Escada: Out of all my bags, I think that this one has the best quality leather. I only know about this brand because my Mom loves their blazers. My roommate thinks it looks like an old couch. I want opinions.

[​IMG]

Ben Minkoff: I bought this because it was green and I like green.

[​IMG]

Versace Calf Hair Signature D Bag (F/W 2014), Givenchy Animation Chain Mini Lucrezia (the last surviving Givenchy in my collection), and a Vintage (I lied about only having one it seems) Fendi with a Louis Vuitton charm.

[​IMG]

5. I'll update whenever I get a new bag, which may be next week - there's a Versace I've had my eye on. I've had some Louis Vuittons but they didn't wow me, so they didn't stay too long. I may get the Lockme II, when I get over Dior. LV, as well as Chanel, Hermes, Fendi, YSL, Valentino, and Gucci just haven't been making bags that I really like. However, that's what I said about Dior so...who knows. My prediction is that I fall head over heals for Louboutin bags because I'm really liking what they're doing.

6. Gorgeous collection! I like your style. All of your bags look to be in such great condition.

7. I love my Lockme II! What color are you thinking?

You have so many beautiful bags. What is the total number?