My Endless Search For The Perfect Black City - I Could Use Some Help

keodi said:
hi guys,
I visited the BAL NY store in search of my black city, like you LTL I would like a city that's not too veiny unfortunately for me, the SA there wasn't helpful she kept telling me that all the bags are the same I asked her if she can bring some of them out, and she was very put out by that do you guys know where else I can go? or who else at BAL NY I can deal with?.....please help!!! I know it's a little off topic LTL...sorry:confused1:
awe, you should ask for daphne, kim or sarah next time ;)...but i think all they have is the old s/s '06 black cities, so what they're saying might be true :sad:...they told me a couple months ago they have to sell all of the old ones before getting new stock...i would go to "barney's" in nyc & talk to martin...they seem to have the best selection of black cities now & he's a doll :love:

powderpuff100 said:
Of course I don't mind. Call Daphne at BNY. She is so sweet and she and the manager went through all of the black bags to find what I was looking for. When I got it, it was better than I expected. She understood exactly what I wanted and I adore the bag. I hope she can find you one. :yes:

Powderpuff - Can you tell me now long ago you got your bag? thanks ;)

:rolleyes: Thanks aaallabama,
you're a aweetheart!
I think I'm going to take your advice and go with barney's and ask for martin. Do you know if they ship bbags? unfortunately for me, I live in maine no bbags here...........:sad:

hey Zacorey!:yes:
that's awesome! nice to know I have someone that's close by! where do you order your bbags from? I just got back from a visit to BalNy and the SA there was quite rude actually.....I'm thinking about taking aaa's suggestion and order from barney's AR's shipping takes too long:s

Hi keodi!

I go to Barney's in Chestnut Hill Mall or Barney's at Copley Mall or Gretta Luxe in Wellsley. You could drive down to Boston for the day and find a Bbag at those places.

You went to NYC? I'm probably going this weekend. Did you stay over night? If so, where did you stay? I need to book a hotel.

That sucks that you had an unhelpful SA! Maybe try asking for an SA that someone here recommends.

:idea: hey zacorey,
I stayed overnight at the pickwick arms hotel in manhattan it cost me 129.00 per night for the room and it's a half a mile from rockfeller center and it's a mile from times square. You know something I had no idea that there was a barneys in boston! I think I'm going to make a boston trip this weekend wich barneys is closest to the city area? I visited boston twice since I moved up here ..thanks for the tip

livethelake said:
Here's an example of the leather I'm looking for :love:

I got a black S/S 06 that may even be smoother than that. I wasn't planning on buying a black because I had just bought a white the previous week but I saw it and grabbed it knowing the leather was one in a thousand at least.
It's the softest bbag I own. It was just luck that it was the one on display and I spotted it (the others were super veiny and stiff).
They are out there even S/S, so keep looking. I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance.

waif said:
I got a black S/S 06 that may even be smoother than that. I wasn't planning on buying a black because I had just bought a white the previous week but I saw it and grabbed it knowing the leather was one in a thousand at least.
It's the softest bbag I own. It was just luck that it was the one on display and I spotted it (the others were super veiny and stiff).
They are out there even S/S, so keep looking. I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance.

Oh Waif, you give me hope ;) . Pics please!

keodi said:
:idea: hey zacorey,
I stayed overnight at the pickwick arms hotel in manhattan it cost me 129.00 per night for the room and it's a half a mile from rockfeller center and it's a mile from times square. You know something I had no idea that there was a barneys in boston! I think I'm going to make a boston trip this weekend wich barneys is closest to the city area? I visited boston twice since I moved up here ..thanks for the tip

The Barney's in Boston at Copley Place (Copley Mall)! You'll love it. There's tons of shopping at Copley. The mall is very upscale- there's LV, Dior, Gucci, Neiman's, Saks,etc. Also, if you were planning to stay overnight the Sheraton, Westin and Marriott are connected to the Mall. They have a Cheesecake Factory right there too. You'll have a good time in Boston.

Barneys New York Copley Place, Boston, 617-385-3300, barneys.com

Thanks for the hotel info. Did you like it?

awww thank you for the info! i'm definately going to boston this weekend! the hotel was okay, the room I ended getting was really small but It worked out just fine being last minute.....hmmm LV, Saks....yeah i'm definately checking that out! but I have a feeling i'm going to end up getting a color Bbag instead of the black city......we'll see I'll make up my mind once I get there....I'm pretty new to PF thanks for being go great!:yes:

livethelake said:
Oh Waif, you give me hope ;) . Pics please!

I'm getting a new camera, will try to post tomorrow.
I just want to add don't worry about matte so much because that sheen dulls down with use. The texture of the leather is more important.

Keodi & Zacorey - I'm also in MA, outside Boston!

Keodi - Enjoy your trip to Boston!
FYI re: Boston area Barney's black cities:

I was at Barney's CH yesterday. They only had one black city and it was the ugliest one I've ever seen. The leather was all wrinkly like a piece of paper that had been crinkled up and then opened and it was faded whitish-gray along the wrinkles.

Today I went to Barney's Copley. They did not have any black cities out. When I asked, the SA (Claire, very nice) said she could have one transferred from Beverley Hill's store but then she went into the back to check a recent delivery and found one. She said it was the new fall leather and it was quite nice -- fairly thick and smooth with light distressing. I said I wasn't prepared to buy it that day and she offered to hold it for 3 days. I was kind of surprised because in the past an SA there said they could only hold for 1 day. I think it may have helped that I was carrying a bbag (I do think it helps to be taken more seriously). However, I'm not sure if I'll be able to raise the funds by then and I'm considering another bag on ebay. I'm not sure if it is the type of leather you are looking for but if you like the bag I would definitely call to take the hold off.