My eBay Bag came with Jewelry Inside

caannie

Mother of Dachshunds
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
I recently purchased a bag on EBay and when cleaning it up/checking it out I discovered a piece of jewelry in the front pocket! As far as I can tell it's just a little costume pin. The bag comes from a consignment seller so there's a good chance this piece belongs to the person who sold it to the consigner. I suppose I will contact the seller to see if they want it back, but I doubt they will.

This isn't my first EBay "freebie." Once I got a bag with a pillow case stuffed inside, another time I found a $20 bill in a dust bag in my closet and I had no idea which bag came out of that particular dust bag. I've had loose change and an occasional business card.

Anyone else ever gotten a little surprise along with your purchase?

I recently purchased a bag on EBay and when cleaning it up/checking it out I discovered a piece of jewelry in the front pocket! As far as I can tell it's just a little costume pin. The bag comes from a consignment seller so there's a good chance this piece belongs to the person who sold it to the consigner. I suppose I will contact the seller to see if they want it back, but I doubt they will.

This isn't my first EBay "freebie." Once I got a bag with a pillow case stuffed inside, another time I found a $20 bill in a dust bag in my closet and I had no idea which bag came out of that particular dust bag. I've had loose change and an occasional business card.

I bought a wallet ($6.99) at Savers and when I got home, found the following in one of the card pockets. (That's a $100 bill!) I did go back to the store but they had no clue who'd donated it and told me it's mine!
$100 bill coach wallet pocket.png

Your ebay seller may very well appreciate you letting her know there was a pin in the bag. What she tells you to do with it is her call, but nonetheless
a reminder that we all should go through our bags/pockets/clothes before handing them off to sellers& sellers doing the same when they buy/consign
(Reminds me of what the dry cleaners do)

Last edited:
I once returned an item that I had purchased on eBay. When the seller received the item back in her possession, she messaged me to thank me for the "kind gifts" I'd included. I had NOT sent anything except the item I was returning, so I had no idea what she was taking about. I thought maybe something had accidentally fallen into the box so I asked her to send me a photo. Somehow some plastic headbands, hair bows, and barrettes had gotten into the package. They were not from my house - I'd never seen them. The seller said the box did not appear to have been tampered with either. Talk about weird!

Reactions: Bratty1919
Nothing very exciting here - unused (thankfully) feminine products, a prescription, bits of rubbish in bag pockets.
I did once get a matching wallet that had been left inside a bag. Whilst the bag was real, the wallet was counterfeit. The seller didn't want it back when I asked.

I bought a NWOT wallet and found a visa gift card in a pocket with $2.47 left. Seller said she must've put it on there the day she bought it, probably used it to pay for it.
Another time I bought a coach legacy turn lock tote from fas sale and it must've come from a store because it had the matching NWT leather wallet inside.