My eBay account was hacked!

They could have gotten your Ebay info from you.
NEVER answer an email from Ebay FROM YOUR EMAIL! Always go to your 'my ebay' page and do it there.
Scammers will often send you something you need to reply to and when you click reply it will send you to a page that looks like your Ebay signin - you sign in and it gets your info that you just typed in.

When I get one now I type in
Username: NICE TRY
Password: Sucka

The best idea is to delete it and never reply whatsoever. I was told this by a computer repair nerd after he had to fix my pc. He says that anytime you follow a link off of an email (even to put in a fake name and password) that you can pick up a trojan virus that has a keystroke logger on it. Nutshell, they get your information anyway by logging password and personal information from whatever you do from there on out on your pc.

The best idea is to delete it and never reply whatsoever. I was told this by a computer repair nerd after he had to fix my pc. He says that anytime you follow a link off of an email (even to put in a fake name and password) that you can pick up a trojan virus that has a keystroke logger on it. Nutshell, they get your information anyway by logging password and personal information from whatever you do from there on out on your pc.
:wtf:
yeeeks - thanks for the heads up.

This is so scary. My account was hacked into 2 days ago too. Ebay emailed me to inform me, but as yet, have not actually told me what somebody was trying to sell through my account.

This seems to be scarily common at the moment, it seems so odd that it has happened to so many of us in the space of the last couple of weeks ?

My current troubles began after tPF was hacked-two days ago, an attempt was made to bump me off ebay while I was listing-I lost the ability to sign in and out of ebay, took a day on the phone with them to get that worked out-and in the last 2 days I have rec'd 5 spoof emails from PayPal asking me to change my password-my friend has gotten a bunch asking her to relist her (non-existent) listings-I have run and rerun my protection programs, but I am very nervous-I wish I had something positive to contribute here, but it's great to read these other stories to have something to compare my story to-thanks everyone!

I'm really wondering how many of these "hack jobs" are the result of people innocently clicking what look like legit emails from eBay and/or PayPal. The bottomfeeding scammers are getting very, very good at making those emails look real and people (especially people not up on these scams) click on the links not realizing that when they log in (or even click the link) the scammer's have got you!

I've gotten so paranoid that I won't even click the "Pay Now" link in emails that I get from sellers on items that I DID buy!! I go straight to eBay, log in and pay from the "Items Won" link instead.

I'm really wondering how many of these "hack jobs" are the result of people innocently clicking what look like legit emails from eBay and/or PayPal. The bottomfeeding scammers are getting very, very good at making those emails look real and people (especially people not up on these scams) click on the links not realizing that when they log in (or even click the link) the scammer's have got you!

I've gotten so paranoid that I won't even click the "Pay Now" link in emails that I get from sellers on items that I DID buy!! I go straight to eBay, log in and pay from the "Items Won" link instead.

That's a great idea. NEVER follow a link in your email! It is very easy for a scammer to see what you have bid on and send your a fraudulant email that looks very authentic. ALWAYS go to your eBay inbox and check there. If it is legitimate, it will be there.

yep...this is obviously a common theme here. I posted baout this a couple of days ago. Some moron listed DeLoreans under my account, but ebay actually caught it and ended the listings. They must have been reported by someone.

thats the worrying thing though, if ebay do not spot it and you do not check your account every day, they can get away with selling stuff, as some of them only use one day auctions to avoid detection.

The thing that really surprises me though is the amount of idiots that bid on these things! If they took the time to check our feedback, they would see that we have no history of selling anything like that previously :biggrin:, we are more used to buying and selling handbags. There are alot of dumb people on ebay ;)

The thing that really surprises me though is the amount of idiots that bid on these things! If they took the time to check our feedback, they would see that we have no history of selling anything like that previously :biggrin:, we are more used to buying and selling handbags. There are alot of dumb people on ebay ;)
Exactly...it is amusing in a very annoying and frustrating sort of way...if only everyone was an old pro on ebay, surely they would check my feedback and realize, if I had a DeLorean, I sure wouldn't sell it on ebay.:noggin:

Guess I'm in the hacked club.............I just had the same thing happen to me. I haven't listed anything for a few weeks, went into e-bay and noticed I had a motorcycle for sale. I changed all my passwords and followed e-bays instructions, cancelled the auction and checked my paypal account. The weird thing is I'm not sure how it happened. Hopefully, that's the end of that, but I must admit, I being very cautious about everything.