My DREAM bag about to go up on eBay, Rouge 03' city.

winona77 said:
The seller also told me she'll lower the price, probably to 1600 BIN after the 10 days.

^^Hummm, rreeeallllyyyy? That's not a bad price? It's the same price that the flat brass classique went for and they're both equally desirable...
:graucho: :graucho:

Okay, I am going to say this --- the bag is not authentic. It is not an '03 red, there were no '04 s/s reds.. the color is too bright, the tag is wrong (it should not be C)

It looks good, but I feel pretty confident saying that this bag is more than likely a fake..........

eta: I contacted the seller and also expressed my concerns since I KNOW she is a wonderful seller and would not ever INTENTIONALLY list a non authentic anything!

winona77 said:
The seller also told me she'll lower the price, probably to 1600 BIN after the 10 days.

WOW .... get it, get it, get it ... winona . . . then you can trade it with my twiggy :graucho:;) !!?? Yeeaahhhhhhhhhhh (just for fun:biggrin:) !! GOOD LUCK :heart::yes:

byMiMi said:
Okay, I am going to say this --- the bag is not authentic. It is not an '03 red, there were no '04 s/s reds.. the color is too bright, the tag is wrong (it should not be C)

It looks good, but I feel pretty confident saying that this bag is more than likely a fake..........

:shocked: wow

byMiMi said:

eta: I contacted the seller and also expressed my concerns since I KNOW she is a wonderful seller and would not ever INTENTIONALLY list a non authentic anything!

OMG .... MiMi .... thank you so much for letting us know :huh::amazed: !!!!!!!

I will add one of the main reasons why I believe it to be fake is because I am 99% sure there was no 2004 red - and the tag states that it would have to be S/S 2004. I have seen REALLY good silver hardware fakes that have this 'C' tag -- in fact I have seen a red classique like this before...

...I don't know what else to say.

Mimi, actually the seller (who you know ;) ) mentioned this to me as well before I saw the tag.
I told her there were inconsistencies in the early days, and that she should definitely show the tag clearly in case it was a fake.
So you are sure it isn't an early inconsistency??
I'll let her know immediately if it is.
She'd be appalled if she knew she had a fake up.

Varsha, I have seen some PRETTY good wanna-be 2003/2004 bbags (the two standouts are a red, and a wannabe emerald/seafoam)....... they had some really good fakes in 2004 with the silver hardware, in fact they almost perfected the bbag.... the fakes actually went back downhill when they switched to brass, and they haven't gotten it good again, yet. (thankfully)