My dog's obsession!

Thanks for all your replies and lovely comments on Sasha. This is a first for me - a dog more interested in a toy than food! I thought all dogs were greedy, like my previous dogs, but I can get Sasha's attention any time with that toy - the Cuz!

Sasha is so cute! My dog is soooo obsessed with food, and his only toy that's long lasting is a squeaky ball. We tried many toys before that, but only the squeaky ball lasts.

What a regal looking dog! We had a dog who would lay down and squeak a toy forever, over and over--never got tired of it. We did, but at least she wasn't in trouble while we heard the toy squeaking.

That is so cute! My parents had a German Shepherd that used to stare at a big yellow ball he had like he was in a trance. I wonder if it's something in the breed that makes them like that?

That is so cute! My parents had a German Shepherd that used to stare at a big yellow ball he had like he was in a trance. I wonder if it's something in the breed that makes them like that?

Possibly. I also belong to a German Shepherd Forum (though I'd never admit to it!), and an awful lot of the dogs there are just as obsessed with balls/squeaky toys. I know that GSDs are great for getting them to focus on their owners, which is why they are relatively easy to train.

Thank you all for the lovely things you've said about Sasha. Of course I think she is gorgeous - but then I am biased :graucho: