My doggy,s Valentine Chocolate treat...happy ending

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
8,727
274
My DH got me a box of chocolates for Valentines day. It was one of those heart shaped boxes with all the lovley chocs inside. I ate 4 and 11 remained. I closed the tight lid on the box and we went out for the day. I shouldnt have left them on the coffee table. I got back and the box was opened on the floor and she ate every single one. She even unwrapped the foil and left it neatly at the side. She is a small dog so I ended up calling the vet. He told me to go in as she may have had too much. After he weighed her and worked out how much choc he thought it was ok so didnt treat her. I was shocked to hear it could have killed my baby in a higher dose. We ended up going on a long and very energetic walk and she was good as gold the next day.
Please be careful with these clever doggies. They have a sweet tooth and it can be very dangerous.
 

Loganz

will work for shoes
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
8,252
12
Colorado
I am so glad your story has a happy ending - a dog's ingenuity would be so darn cute if it also weren't so darn dangeous. :P I bet your pup gave you a "who me" look too when you got home.
 

bagaholic85

Member
Sep 14, 2007
6,481
4
i <3 ny
my friend had a pom that died from oding on easter chocolate. its the kinda thing u always hear about but never know someone usually, so its really scary! good thing ur furbaby is okay :smile:
 

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
8,727
274
I am so glad your story has a happy ending - a dog's ingenuity would be so darn cute if it also weren't so darn dangeous. :P I bet your pup gave you a "who me" look too when you got home.
haha. No she gave me the ' look what happens when you get home too late for my dinner ' look.
I am amazed she managed to open the box. Such a funny little thing. When I go away for a few days she digs tunnels in the garden and tries to escape to look for her mummy. So cute!
 

Loganz

will work for shoes
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
8,252
12
Colorado
What an absoulute cutie!! :heart:

She looks a lot like my brother's dog; his dog can take a licking and keep on ticking too!! He named his dog (a girl) Dempsey - for the legendary boxer Jack Dempsey - lol -
 

Christine

Back in 5 minutes..
O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
2,919
4
My dog ate an entire bag of chocolates before I even noticed. I got the "what's up" grin from her and then about a half hour later discovered the bag. She survived but I felt horrible.
 

kmrosko404

Member
Jun 1, 2007
712
0
SoCal
here is the doggy with the sweet tooth
Is she a min pin?? I have one and so does my SIL. My SIL's dog has gotten into chocolate twice and advil once (same harmful chemical- theobromine) and almost died. The worst was when he ate a large of amount of dark chocolate which has more theobromine. He had a few seizures and basically had to have his stomach pumped.

Glad everything worked out OK for you.
 

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
8,727
274
Is she a min pin?? I have one and so does my SIL. My SIL's dog has gotten into chocolate twice and advil once (same harmful chemical- theobromine) and almost died. The worst was when he ate a large of amount of dark chocolate which has more theobromine. He had a few seizures and basically had to have his stomach pumped.

Glad everything worked out OK for you.
Hi, no my dog is an Englsih breed of terrier we believe. It is not yet confirmed but almost sure. It is called Lancashire Heeler and these babies can smile. My children have hours of fun making her laugh.