My dog made a friend!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am really happy because my little Manolo, a 1 year old Coton de Tulear/poodle mix, has a little furry friend since yesterday. It's my mom's new puppy, Marly. Marly is a toy Fox Terrier, which are descended in part from Chihuahuas, so she is VERY little. I have been slowly letting the two get to know each other, but always feeling very nervous about whether they will get to be friends and play together because I was worried she is too delicate and tiny for Manolo.

Yesterday I "babysat" Marly for my mom, and just decided to act as if things would be fine.....and it was :yahoo:! Manolo is a sweet little guy, and his favorite play activity has been me chasing him- he doesn't really like to bite and chew like play-fighting, he just loves to run around. So this is what he and Marly did- he was running and every so often he would look over his shoulder to see where she was. He would slow down for her to catch up, it was funny :P.

Anyhow, I just wanted to share a positive experience for anyone else in the process of socializing their pet. I am still planning on constant supervision when they are playing to be sure that Manolo won't get too rough with Marly.

I took pictures, and I will post them once my husdband gets them onto the computer for me :tup:.

Thanks for sharing my excitement and relief!

2. Yay!!! It can be very nerve-racking w ondering how they will interact. Glad to know they are socializing well!!! Great job candy! :tup:

3. It's amazing how some dogs know how to play with dogs smaller then they are. My Chip will play totally differently with a dog his size than a small one, he is alot more gentle with them but still fiesty.

4. I can't wait for pics! Maggie and stinky (my two boxers) do the chasing game as well. Stinky, the faster one, will run as fast as he can, but will always check over his shoulder to give his sister a chance to catch up.

I'm glad they got along!!!

5. Aww. nicely done, Candy. You helped them ease into it. How cute that Manolo would check to see that Marly was where he thought she was. They seem to love that chasing game. Socializing is important for any dog and I believe they are happier with friends whether human or animal. Congrats!

6. Sorry it took so long, but here are pictures from Manolo and Marly's playdates. They are playing regularly now. It's too cute.

This is my dog, Manolo:

[​IMG]

7. This is Marly. She is itty bitty, isn't she :P??

[​IMG]

8. [​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

10. They have recently started playing tug of war:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. :biggrin: cute!

12. cuteeeeeeeeee!!!!!

13. How cute! Glad to see they are getting along so well.

14. They're both adorable! The pictures brought a smile to my face :smile:

15. Thats so cute. Our doggies love having company to play with. They are so sociable