My dog is sick and it doens't look good..

I am so sorry for your loss. You did what was best for him and he's in a better place :heart: I know that doesn't help too much right now, but in time it will help a lot. I lost a dog to kidney failure (similar story. it became really bad in a really short time); I know how crippling it can be for the dog. You did the right thing.

I'm sad that Louis died at a young age. Nothing could be done for our dog either (she was 5 when they diagnosed her poor kidney function). You did the right thing for him--they depend on us to make the difficult decisions. You must miss him terribly, but you have memories and time will eventually heal.

I am so sorry for your loss and hope you are holding up OK. I've been going through something similar with my kitty and while she hasn't died yet her prognosis is not too good. It is devastating to lose a pet, I know.

i'm so very, very sorry -- it's tough losing them, and even tougher to have to make the decision to send them on. it's the last, the hardest and probably the greatest gift we can ever give to them.

I'm soooo sorry for your loss my room mate had a german sheperd who's kidneys started to fail and could barely walk around... it was so hard to see her like that. She was put down but at least shes not in any pain and nothing deserves to be in pain like that! I do miss her and its been over a year. It will get easier but it is weird to not have them around anymore, I don't think I'll ever get use to that... but you made the right decision and you know that your loved you and he knew that you love him so thats the best thing you can keep in your mind :smile:

i'm so very, very sorry -- it's tough losing them, and even tougher to have to make the decision to send them on. it's the last, the hardest and probably the greatest gift we can ever give to them.

thank you, what you said is so beautiful

thanks everyone, it has been over 1 week now and it is still weird and painfull not having him around. I know it was the best for him so i like to think about the better times i spend with him, and look up to the sky and ask myself witch star he is