My dog is being weird

venetiakim

wants to travel away
Oct 9, 2006
seriously I don't know what has gotten into her...
She's a Griffon Terrier about 12 years old and of petite size.
She's always lived in the house, but with certain restrictions. For example she's not allowed in the bedrooms. If she would come in my bedroom I'd just ask her and she'd go out. But since last night it's like she doesn't care! She comes in my room and whenever I try to take her out she does nothing and just stands there looking at me! I'm not yelling of course, but she looks like something is wrong with her. Last night I got up 3 times because she was coming in the room. At once she hid under my desk and an other time she slept on a teddy bear( a big one).
And that's not all. She keeps following me around and if I don't touch her head and pet her (?) she's crying! really crying and doing that sound noone can bare... i don't know what's wrong. We have always been playing with her etc but it's like she's seeking constant attention? She's never done that...

please help...:sweatdrop:

update...
I don't know if I have to blame the hot weather, because the symptoms weren't like that. But I gave her a bath some hours ago and she definatelly looks better. She's stop complaining. Is it possible that she was feeling too hot? I can't explain the behavior... I'll have to go to the vet as soon as possible. But today is saturday so I won't be able to find her... :tdown:

Vet!

If all checks out OK at vet -- I have had my dogs, as they age, get very needy and insecure. One even developed dementia, like Alzheimers, and sometimes acted like you describe. But got much worse over time.

I hope your doggie is just out of sorts, and the vet can fix her up good as new!

Just got back from the vet. We arranged to have her checked.
She said nothing physical was wrong with her. So I suppose something is making her behave that way. Maybe she's just getting older and needs more care.
In the morning we went for a walk in the woods and she was really vivid. But the ewst of the day she was sleeping and laying around.

Vet!

If all checks out OK at vet -- I have had my dogs, as they age, get very needy and insecure. One even developed dementia, like Alzheimers, and sometimes acted like you describe. But got much worse over time.

I hope your doggie is just out of sorts, and the vet can fix her up good as new!
Dementia...like humans, more common than you think.

It does sound like she's feeling insecure for some reason. Maybe she is starting to have problems with her vision? Dogs can compensate so well that a lot of owners don't realize that their dog is almost blind until they rearrange the furniture.

I'm glad you had her checked by the vet and everything seems to be okay.

I think you should keep and eye on her and see how her behavior changes. If she doesn't improve, I would have a vet look at her again.

My dog has cataract and it doesn't bother him at all. The only thing is that he sometimes barks at my cats when they are at waiting outside, because he thinks it is a dog.