My dog doesn't want to sleep in the bed anymore

I know this post is dead...but I've owned many dogs. They all have slept in my bed since babies. Once they got old "13-18", they hated the bed. I used to to force my first pet... It didnt work. Towards last 1-3 years of life, they will do that

I am so sad ,my Maltese also stopped sleeping in my bed after 15 years. Even after i physically put him in the bed he would stay for a few minutes and then jump out.. He can barely see and his hearing is practically gone now. I have a high bed so I figured he was fearful of falling out He has some kind of dementia i think. He sleeps all day and now he has started urinating in the house, something he never did before. When we have to leave him alone at the house he cries like a baby. When he goes outside he just stands in one spot and seems to be disoriented. His behavior has changed and he is lethargic. He eats and drinks water but he is not himself at all. My attempts to pick him up results in him letting out a yelp like I am hurting him. I think he is at the end and I don't know how to comfort him. I will contact his vet tomorrow and arrange for him to be put to sleep , I don't want him to suffer. His quality of life has been greatly diminished, I will truly miss my best friend Snoop.

Attachments

• thumbnail snoop in bed.jpg
    thumbnail snoop in bed.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 13
I am so sad ,my Maltese also stopped sleeping in my bed after 15 years. Even after i physically put him in the bed he would stay for a few minutes and then jump out.. He can barely see and his hearing is practically gone now. I have a high bed so I figured he was fearful of falling out He has some kind of dementia i think. He sleeps all day and now he has started urinating in the house, something he never did before. When we have to leave him alone at the house he cries like a baby. When he goes outside he just stands in one spot and seems to be disoriented. His behavior has changed and he is lethargic. He eats and drinks water but he is not himself at all. My attempts to pick him up results in him letting out a yelp like I am hurting him. I think he is at the end and I don't know how to comfort him. I will contact his vet tomorrow and arrange for him to be put to sleep , I don't want him to suffer. His quality of life has been greatly diminished, I will truly miss my best friend Snoop.
hugs to you and snoop! we are truly blessed to have our pets to comfort us as we go through life and for us to be able to comfort and love them til the end.

Reactions: thundercloud
so sorry about your pup...these things are always to tough