My dog ate my LV Speedy!!

corab77

Feb 8, 2010
Do any of you lovely ladies know how much it costs to replace the handles, chads, zipper pull and the tabs on the end for the Speedy?

Wondering if I should just save up for a new bag instead.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Kylier

May 7, 2014
I'm so sorry this happened! Do you have a pic of the damage? If your dog tore the canvas at all LV won't repair or work on it, so that's the biggest question. Once again I'm really sorry that happened I would be so sad. :sad:

Lululux

Sep 27, 2014
San Francisco
Do any of you lovely ladies know how much it costs to replace the handles, chads, zipper pull and the tabs on the end for the Speedy?

Wow! Maybe the dog needs to be traded in! Just kidding. I had my zipper replaced in the past and they actually did it for free. I think that it is usually around $100. I would suggest going in as heir service is terrific. Good luck with that dog!

pitterpatter

Love LV
Mar 26, 2009
Houston
I just asked a SA a few weeks ago about speedy handles and she told me $70 each handle and $70 each chad. I don't know about the rest. But your looking at $420 just for the handles and chads before tax.
:hugs:

corab77

Feb 8, 2010
He chewed off the tabs, the zipper pull and one of the handles. I'm assuming since I have to replace those things, I may as well replace all the chads and other handle as well so the leather will match. My speedy is about 3 years old.

corab77

Feb 8, 2010
I forgot to mention, the canvas is totally fine. I guess he was interested in the untreated leather (animal skin). Darn carnivores!

Mcandy

Jul 24, 2013
I would feel so horrible if it happened to my bags...if the bag means a lot to you it will be worth it getting it repaired...but if its not and you think the price to fix it is worth more than the new bag well just buy a new one....i heard they did some changes on the new speedy..this is your chance to have to purchase it...

Jasp

O.G.
Dec 29, 2010
Philadelphia PA
This happened to a friend of mine and I think she was able to go through her homeowners to have it replaced. I don't have all the info but it may be worth a call to your agent. Just a thought. Good Luck.

Prettyn

Dec 9, 2013
Sorry about your speedy, I feel your pain. My dog chewed my Louis Vuitton sandals recently . It was a total loss, but still love my dog!

Bags_4_life

Sep 4, 2012
London

A repair like that will possibly be up to 40% of the cost of a new bag, have you tried calling lv directly?

Loveluxury13

Loopy for LV
Oct 16, 2014
Australia
Sorry for your loss. You have to realise that dogs can't resist the smell of leather. The first time my dog saw vachetta on one of my bags she loved the smell and tried to lick it! That was it for me. I never leave my bags anywhere the dog can get them. I have my bags on show in my room and she gets very excited sniffing around underneath them. A lot of dog treats contain animal hide.

Never leave a leather bag (especially vachetta) unattended with a dog :police:

Tulip2

Howdy Y'all
Oct 22, 2012
Deep In The Heart of TX
Whoa, so sorry to hear this. I also agree that this might just be your chance to get one of the new model Speedy's if you can.

My first dog chewed my shoes to no end. I would regularly have to reimburse my house guests for their shoes too. (Even though I told them not to leave shoes on the floor) :girlsigh:

I love my dog dearly, but this is a real bummer. Let us know how it turns out!

CrazyCatBaby

I am my DH's Kitten
Oct 29, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately, your canvas is intact. You can bring your Speedy to your local LV for them to have a look and to get a quote as well. Last time I checked, it was $70/handle. Zipper pull is complimentary. (My guesstimate is around $480 after tax). Good luck!