My DH hates my Denim Cabas

Hmmm... tough one, but I would say that if you like it, then maybe you ought to keep it. My SO has good taste in bags, but every once in a while he may not love or "get" a bag I carry (eg. brown cambon mini reporter, he thought it was "bulky")... but that's probably the only example I could think of. I do trust his opinion, and might reevaluate my purchase if he hated it :smile:

-Minal

my DH likes almost every chanel styles,specially the classic flaps and luxe ligne, the only 2 styles that i know he hates are the cabas ( all of them, original, baby, vinyl, denim) and the cambon multipockets.
he mentioned that cabas too big. i ended up sold my multipockets on ebay but still keeping the baby cabas until now. coz i like it. i personally never like the huge vinyl and denim cabas though... so his opinions doesnt really bother me too much..

Who cares what he thinks!! If you like it, than keep it!!
My DH buys me bags and has no clue why I like them so I just started buying them myself so he can't comment.
He called the black vinyl a garbage bag!!
Keep it! Its cute and different!!

hhhmmm, this is interesting my fiancee also hates denim bags especially the LV denim bags. I have not shown him the denim cabas because I decided to buy a J12 so I had to pass on all the bags I wanted. I am not sure what exactly he doesn't like, he just said they looked kinda trashy. Don't hate me girls, it is definitely not my opinion, just some male perspective. But really who cares about male perspective anyway if you really, really love it, go for it!

Well, normally I would say keep it...however if you will feel uncomfortable wearing it with him, then I would perhaps return it????? It's an expensive itme and it should not cause you any angst in any way.. should just make you feel like a million dollars.. Is there another one you would like to exchange it for? so you did not feel put out in any way?? There ae so many lovely Chanel items.

Gosh... I love the denim look!! My DH doesn't like all my bags but I still keep them because he just accepts that I am a member of this great forum and I must know fashion!! He's right too.....I get the BEST advice here! If it makes you uncomfortable, then return it. You sound like you really trust and respect his opinion.

Anne

Anne

i agree with QueenVictoria....i couldnt care less what DH thinks about my purses at all! Now, if its a car....diff. thing entirely. I wanted a Mercedes (the least expensive kind) and he vetoed it, wanted me to get a Lexus instead, same price point, more reliable than the C230 Mercedes according to D.H. Power survey))......I wouldnt get an item like that if he did not like it (also 'cause he's paying teehee LOL)
but if i followed his opinions re: dress and accessories, I would not be the fashionista I am :yahoo: :P

plus i use my own $ for purses........

I always run it by my DH before buying an expensive item, if only to get an unbiased opinion and to make sure I'm not making too impulsive a decision. But ultimately if I love it, I would buy it. So if you have no doubts in spite of what others around you are saying, I think you should get it and wear it proudly! I'll be cheering you on from here!:yahoo:

OK, this might sound bad, but I couldn't care less if my DH likes my bags or not :P

ITA! I'll ask his opinion, but at the end of the day, if I like it, I'll keep it!
It is a bit disappointing when they don't care for it though, huh? I remember I was super excited when I got my Balenciaga City, and he thought it was horrid and called it my 'alien tentacles' bag (b/c of the tassles) - I just chalk it up to bad taste!

My fiance does not like my large black soft and chain hobo. He says it looks like a trash bag because it's huge. To tell you the truth, I really don't care because I adore that bag and I'm going to use it no matter what!:yes: