My delivery from Gucci.com has gone missing!!!

Dec 27, 2015
I'm devastated! After a faultless experience with my lovely yellow mini bag, I took the plunge and ordered the small black Marmont flap bag. Followed the tracking on Gucci.com and saw it was out for delivery yesterday with UPS... then got an update saying it had been delivered to an area about 5km from where I live at 17:16 yesterday evening!

I've spent all day trying to get through to customer services (over 500 attempted calls!), and emailed them - all I got was one email saying it had been signed for at a residential address, by a name that doesn't even look real. I haven't even been given the UPS tracking number.

I am SO stressed right now, it wouldn't have been so bad had they shown a little concern, or even taken the time to talk to me. I have no idea if/how this will be resolved or how long it will take :sad:

Check address you gave them. If it wasn't sent to your address something has obviously gone wrong.

Always send CS an email rather than phone. This will also mean you'll have everything in writing. This is most likely a case of theft/fraud so you'll need to inform the police. Gucci and UPS are both insured and need to sort this matter out pronto and you need your money back.

Look and see what it says in 'terms and conditions' on the website

Contact your CC and inform them what's going on. You may need to get your money back through them.

The very best of luck and we're all hoping for a positive outcome for you

Thanks for the reassurance and advice Papertiger, I just needed to cry to someone :smile:

All address details are correct, but something very strange has just happened - the package has miraculously reappeared on the Gucci.com tracking page, its apparently back at the UPS depot 50km away! Very strange indeed, especially as the status is still showing as 'delivered'.

I'm really hoping that it was just a horrible mix up of some sort, and that my beautiful bag will appear unscathed at my door tomorrow... I'm giving it until lunch time then I'll be contacting my CC!

Reactions: papertiger
Thanks for the reassurance and advice Papertiger, I just needed to cry to someone :smile:

All address details are correct, but something very strange has just happened - the package has miraculously reappeared on the Gucci.com tracking page, its apparently back at the UPS depot 50km away! Very strange indeed, especially as the status is still showing as 'delivered'.

I'm really hoping that it was just a horrible mix up of some sort, and that my beautiful bag will appear unscathed at my door tomorrow... I'm giving it until lunch time then I'll be contacting my CC!

:hugs:

I hope it was some silly mix-up too.

I have to say Gucci and UPS were so fantastic getting all my things to me by Christmas Day 2016. They kept missing me at home (it may have helped if UPS-guy had rung the bell). I was totally panicked they'd return everything to Gucci and I'd have no presents for anyone. I emailed Gucci (sounding like a crazy person I'm sure :blush: ) and they updated UPS. UPS literally had to then follow me around the globe and to such a remote place they had to hire a drive-yourself van for the last leg. It all worked out fine in the end.

Hoping everything works out for you, fingers all crossed. Please update us XXX

It's here!!! And it's absolutely beautiful!!!

Apparently, it was mis-delivered to a customer who had a number of boxes, and they handed it back to UPS the next day. Pretty poor that that could even happen, but could have had a far worse ending so I have to look on the bright side.

Oh what a huge relief - sorry for the drama, and thanks again for the support :heart::smile::heart:

Apparently, it was mis-delivered to a customer who had a number of boxes, and they handed it back to UPS the next day. Pretty poor that that could even happen, but could have had a far worse ending so I have to look on the bright side.

Oh what a huge relief - sorry for the drama, and thanks again for the support :heart::smile::heart:

:party:

I am so happy and relieved for you.

As you say awful mix-up but thank heaven for an honest Gucci lover

I'm glad to hear it all worked out and you are enjoying your new bag. I'd prefer if Gucci shared the tracking code so it would be easy to contact UPS straight away.

UPS couriers are regular visitors at my door step but once my parcel was also delivered to a wrong person. I contacted UPS immediately after noticing my order had been signed by a wrong person (this was not an order from Gucci so I was able to track my parcel on the UPS site). My call was answered in another country but they were able to help and I received my parcel in half an hour.

Luckily Gucci parcels are so under the radar that no one is able to tell what's in them without opening them.

Reactions: papertiger
Thank you 2gr8, I feel exactly the same about Gucci sharing the tracking code, I cannot fathom why they wouldn't do this as a matter of course.

The slow response from Gucci made the whole experience much worse than it needed to be, if I'd had the tracking code I'm pretty sure I would have been able to resolve the issue quite swiftly. It's a very good job that the outer boxes are plain!

Yeah! That's great!

Reactions: LittleMyMoomin