My DBF is trying to buy fake LV bags! Help!

djswin91

On the LV PROWL <3
Mar 24, 2011
He's been trying to convince me that LV has a outlet( which is not true) but he still is trying to buy counterfeit bags which is a no no because he knows I like LV. How can I try to convince him to stop and refer to resellers or boutiques

Maybe you could approach him in a different way by explaining how bad counterfeit items are for the economy and the workers, often times children, involved in making those products? Most people would not want to support such a thing.

This is a scenario I've never heard of before! I misinterpreted the title of the thread as meaning 'dear best friend', for some reason... now that I know it's your boyfriend you refer to, my response is completely different!

I have friends who buy fakes (one or two, most of my friends don't buy designer goods at all and wouldn't be interested in a fake or in an authentic piece) and I've tried to explain why it's not a good idea. However, after they either just shrug it off or get defensive, I don't bother mentioning it again.

If it were my partner, I'd definitely have something to say! I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to be seen out and about on a regular basis with my genuine LV if my partner was carrying a fake. I don't know if this is wrong, but I really would feel like it was cheapening my entire look. That might sound superficial, but it's true - I don't think I'd carry my LV at all when with him.

Just tell him it's a waste of money. Tell him you don't expect him to buy you LV, and that if he really wants some of his own, he should invest in the real deal. He MUST know there's a huge difference, from seeing your pieces!

This is odd of him.
Try to figure out where his motivation is coming from for the desire of fake LVs?
Is it the price point? Does he think the quality is the same? Is he sheepish about going into the boutique? Why does he want fake when he can have real? Does he do this with other things in his life?