My day just keeps getting better...

Jeannam2008

Fashionably me :)
Jul 10, 2009
It's just been one of those days. Dropped my cell phone in my dogs water bowl this morning and all morning it's been acting crazy (luckily it's fine now b/c I didn't wanna pay a $100 deductible from my insurance to get it fixed)

Then I get home from work around 5:30 let my dogs out and feed them their dinner and as me, my dad, and my brother are sitting down for dinner around 6:30 my brother goes, "What's wrong with Licorice's eye" I look down to see the whole left side of her face swollen :amazed: so of course I panic!!! Started crying rushing around trying to get my vets number from my phone and their closed so I call the E-vet my dad rushes me out there they look at her gave her an injection for the swelling.

Flashback to about a month ago I took her in for her normal check up they Dr. say he upper back tooth (on the same side of the swelling) is broken, not a big deal at that point but I'd wanted to watch it. She said I would notice swelling around her eyes about where that took is and when I do see that it's time to have the took pulled.

Okay back to this evening. I was hoping upon hope it would only be a sting from some bug. Not my luck of course! The Dr. said that tooth is causing her pain so Licorice is on 2 types of meds (Clavamox and Tramadol) along with her Rimadyl for her joints. I will be calling my vet first thing at 7am tomorrow morning to get her little toosh in for surgery. Luckily the Dr. faxed over everything from tonight and let them know ahead of time what's going on. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed they can get her in tomorrow to get that tooth pulled.

here's a picture I took of her while we were at the vet after they gave her an injection.

Untitled.png

Please keep her in your prayers :sad: I have to work tomorrow (my boss will give me hell if I'm not there) so my dad's going to take her into the vet. I'll be worrying myself sick tomorrow over her.

Plus this is really cleaning out my bank account!!! My total from tonight Emergency Vet visit was $151.00 plus who knows what tomorrows will cost me, and I have my bills to pay this weekend ugh I'm stressed to the max.

This is from here right now, now that we're home
DSC03042.jpg

Poor baby. I hope the meds work quickly and that she's more comfortable soon.

That actually looks a lot like a hornet sting reaction one of our dogs had, so I can understand how that's what you thought. That would've been easier to treat than the tooth infection, but you're a good furmommy. I recall one year we spent more at the vet than at the pediatrician!

^ I was really hoping it was a sting, but the Dr. said if it was it would have healed up from the injections and meds.
When I called the E-vet she asked me if I wanted to come in or for her to tell me what I could do to treat it. I felt better going in and having them look at her and I'm really glad I did. I'll be glad to have her all better tomorrow after she gets the tooth removed. I worry my self too much over my 2 dogs and get myself so stressed.

She sure is cute, even with her swollen eye! You did the best thing taking her in. Good luck with her appointment tomorrow. Big hugs to you and to Licorice :hugs:

So she has a vet appointment at 10:00am with the Dr. that would be doing the dental surgery. My dad is going to take her. I really really hope they do it today b/c the lady I spoke to said depending on how severe it probably won't happen until tomorrow with kinda makes me mad. JUST FIX HER!

Hang in there - she will feel MUCH better with the infected tooth out. The mouth usually heals up pretty quickly as it has such a good blood supply and the mess will help clear up theminfection. After having a toothache, she will just be glad to be better!!

Sending lots of "get better" vibes.

Hang in there - she will feel MUCH better with the infected tooth out. The mouth usually heals up pretty quickly as it has such a good blood supply and the antibiotics will help clear up the rest of the infection. After having a toothache, she will just be glad to be better!!

Sending lots of "get better" vibes.

So the earliest they can get her in for sx is wed morning. They said with the meds shes on the swellin will go down nd her tooth doesnt seem to bother her. So i hope the swellin goes down shes going to have both uppet teeth on either side removed bc her other tooth is just like the one on her swollen side