My daughter the fashionista...Wants a LV!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me!! She wants to be just like mommy!! I don't think she know "what the LV bag" is. She just knows mommy carries one. I am sure I could buy her a regular purse with letters on it and she would be fine!:roflmfao:

Oh yes at that age they totally want to be like Mommy their role model, sweet !! And they love carrying around small purses, but wouldn't it be just fine if she getting let's say a "Hello Kitty" handbag, with small letters on it...a la LV ?
We, adults, are amazed that kids know all the brands by the age of 2, and are bombarded with brands, ads, TV commercials and being the target of hungry marketers...but are we also creating that ?
I'd be really careful about giving a Designer bag to a 3 yo, just my 2 cents.

Aww you guys are so awesome.. I love reading all the different opinions!! I didn't mean to start a fight or debate, I just wanted to know what everyone thought!!

I don't think you started a debate or fight, just some people can't seem to answer the question asked without adding their thoughts on how to raise your child and spend your money.

I hope you post pics of your daughter with her new bag.

I'd buy her a mini HL or a pochette. Hoping my niece will be into LV, but not yet as she's only a month old!
Still, I'd tell your daughter that she will also perhaps inherit your LV bags...

I don`t think it`s a good idea. She`s so little! That would be ridiculous if a 3 year old would carry a designer bag which is so expensive. And I don`t really think she is awake of the meaning or whatever of that.
She may probably want it only because her mother has it. It`s the same with barbies. If she sees someone with that she wants that too. If you`re going to give her a designer bag at 3 that could really spoil her. If you know what I mean. What`s next? A car for her 10th birthday?
And in the end I just wanted to say. When she will be an adult she will realise and understand the coast and value of the bag, cause she would have earned the money by herself. You shouldn`t give your kid everything she wants. She`s only 3, a time when she`s supposed to play with barbies and stuff.
And I think everyone should enjoy this magic waiting time for her/his 1st LV bag. Although it`s so annoying and hard to wait...
wow, that was long! But, well... my opinion.
In short v.-

Don`t do that!

A pouchette may be cute, and have it sleep with Mommys bags and only come out on special occasions for dressup events or out for dinner to emphasis it is not a toy - lol just a thought

Not for me!! She wants to be just like mommy!! I don't think she know "what the LV bag" is. She just knows mommy carries one. I am sure I could buy her a regular purse with letters on it and she would be fine!:roflmfao:

First of all Jordyn is too cute! She is just adorable, you are very lucky. Secondly, you may have answered your own question in the excerpt above. If she would be happy with a regular purse with letters on it than why not go for something like that? Just IMO, I don't have kids, so I am not sure what it is worth though! LOL!

Personally, I'd just start her off with a small non-designer purse...if she doesn't even know what LV is, why don't you get her an LV when she actually knows what it is so she can value/treasure it more?
Maybe when she's 9-10. I can only imagine what she would be like 15 years or so from now if she keeps getting and getting LV.
I mean, even if you can afford to buy her all these bags, she may keep relying on you to buy them for her (and not working hard to save up for one since you've been buying her bags since age 3), not knowing what the value/expensiveness of these bags are...and...it does get quite expensive.
Anyway, that is just my opinion, whatever you choose is up to you in the end, but just personally I wouldn't buy my future daughter an LV until she hits 16. Until then, she can borrow mommy's smallest bag once in awhile and can get cute little non-designer purses.

Because I can't understand, that a little girl from 3 years wish to own a desginer bag! That's absolutely incomprehensible for me......

^^ thinking the same thing. It's great if you're old enough to be able to buy your own luxury items, but at this age, other things need to be a priority, and materialism should be at the bottom of the list. Kids today are so materialistic, they should realize first that to obtain nice things, you need to become educated, then work hard to be able to buy and appreciate such items. I would pass on this idea...:tdown:

My opinion -- since you're soliciting them -- put the money towards her college education fund! There will be many, many more years in her future for her own LV's, if she chooses. You give children a true gift when you put money towards something that will benefit their way so they can have their own purchasing (and investing!) power in the future. And yes, I have a fashionable six year-old daughter myself -- but LV's are for Mommy, and 529's are for her!

Personally I think, a Mommy can buy her little girl a Designer Purse (even if she is 3!), and educate her well at the same time. It doesn't mean, that she get a LV Bag at her young age, and in her future she will turn out as a spoiled girl outta control. If the Mommy wants to make her child a joy, and at the same time she can educate her correctly, with everything which belonges to it I don't see anything wrong with it. When I have a little girl I won't buy her a Designer Bag with 3, but surely with 6 or 7 :P

Well you can obviously do whatever you want.. you are going to anyway, but -since you ask for opinions - I would say no way. I personally think giving a child that young a designer bag is ridiculous... since you asked ;)

I think it is ok to get one for your daughter as long as you see that she appreciates and values it. As soon as you see that she doesn't take care of it, you can take it away and explain to her the reason behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.