My current feelings about MJ vs other brands (resale value, etc)

Truly truly truly great points! Of course I feel that the value is truly on the enjoyment I get from wearing a bag and not just if I got in sale or not.

But...I've had situations where I got an insanely gorgeous bag for the lowest price the stores will let it go at (obviously doing my research LOL)...and I pretty much floated out of that department store.

I guess for me, getting THE bag and THE price all at once gives me a feeling of PURE enjoyment..b/c I didn't break the bank and have no guilt whatsoever.....it's just the two together that I find more exhilirating than getting a fabulous bag at full price...even though I would be hard-core loving it..I would still be thinking about how much I paid for it. That's just me . . .
I am NOT saying that I buy a bag purely on its resale value.
But, as a side point....it wouldn't be a horrible thing if the bag actually kept its value, would it?

I totally get you because I'm the same way. Regardless of how much I love the bag, I enjoy it more if I get a great deal on it. That feeling probably comes from being extremely practical but making a slight exception for bags. I've always been a "do I need this?" person. I used to have and use only one everyday bag, always a black tote, (plus a small night handbag) until it was worn out; then I would get another one and do the same thing. I never spent more than $40 on a bag, and I would carry it for at least a year and up to two years, depending on quality. So for me to spend $300 on a bag and have more than one is huge. I keep my "practical collection" (because I use them) to no more than six bags, and I don't spend more than $350. Hence, fReaKbay.
acid.gif

I guess for me, getting THE bag and THE price all at once gives me a feeling of PURE enjoyment..b/c I didn't break the bank and have no guilt whatsoever.....it's just the two together that I find more exhilirating than getting a fabulous bag at full price...even though I would be hard-core loving it..I would still be thinking about how much I paid for it. That's just me.

Getting the bag you want at a great price is definitely ideal! Oftentimes though, I find myself "side-tracked" by all the other bags that I might not necessarily want but they're such great deals. I think it's purchases like this that I need to avoid. I don't really need 5 so-so bags if I can get 1 fabulous bag that I love...this is what I will be repeating to myself during the November sales.

PS: I bought a TON of bag on sale during the Spring sale and guess what, I ended up returning each and every one of them. After which, I bought the purple Cecilia full-price and I am much happier owning this beauty. To be honest, I don't think I would've been as happy if I kept all my sale bags.

I agree with xi.....when I get a bargain on something I usually end up getting rid of it before long, or it just sits in my closet...the things that I really want enough to go to the boutique and pay full price for...are my personal faves...I think a lot of it is the thrill of the hunt/bargain..when that wears off your usually left with a bag that's just eh in your eyes....Just my opinion though!

I suffer from a mild bout of anxiety so I can never do the chase and hunt for an MJ handbag. I'd KEEL OVER from a severe panic attack. LOL!!! :sweatdrop:

I buy what I like and am very often color driven. So if I want a gray Bruna then that's what I'll get at full price. I wouldn't want to wait for a sale only to find out a gray one isn't available. I personally can't do it, but I understand why some people do wait for the sales and do the whole chase and hunt thing. I've seen some Ladies get great deals on this board and I'm happy for them. :tup:

I'm not interested in the resale value of any of my bags because I have zero intentions of selling them. I have a Niece and quite a few younger cousins whom I'd rather pass the bag down to before I'd think of selling it. IMHO if you are buying a bag with resale value in my mind then you are not TRULY in love with that bag. You are already considering selling it before you've even purchased it.

Just my two cents...

I suffer from a mild bout of anxiety so I can never do the chase and hunt for an MJ handbag. I'd KEEL OVER from a severe panic attack. LOL!!! :sweatdrop:

I buy what I like and am very often color driven. So if I want a gray Bruna then that's what I'll get at full price. I wouldn't want to wait for a sale only to find out a gray one isn't available. I personally can't do it, but I understand why some people do wait for the sales and do the whole chase and hunt thing. I've seen some Ladies get great deals on this board and I'm happy for them. :tup:

I'm not interested in the resale value of any of my bags because I have zero intentions of selling them. I have a Niece and quite a few younger cousins whom I'd rather pass the bag down to before I'd think of selling it. IMHO if you are buying a bag with resale value in my mind then you are not TRULY in love with that bag. You are already considering selling it before you've even purchased it.

Just my two cents...

ITA! Great post!:tup: