My creme de la creme Birkin

Hands down the most beautiful Birkin I've ever seen. STUNNING is an understatement. Wear her well and enjoy this once in a lifetime item. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person!

Hi MrsS, congrats again. As for caring for your croc, mine does wrinkle here and there over time and with use but so far no cracks (knock on wood).

I don't really bother with wiping it down etc as I bring it in to the craftsman every year for him to look it over. If he says everything's ok, then I leave it alone. And I have no qualms about using it on rainy days, I just make sure I have the raincoat on standby.

I'm also wondering - since you mentioned the Boyz have 2 crocs available - yours and the Cacoan one...that if they were the winners to the recent Doyle auction on eBay since there was a black one and a cacoan one for auction...anyway where it comes from is not important, scoring it is!! Congrats again!

Hi MrsS, congrats again. As for caring for your croc, mine does wrinkle here and there over time and with use but so far no cracks (knock on wood).

I don't really bother with wiping it down etc as I bring it in to the craftsman every year for him to look it over. If he says everything's ok, then I leave it alone. And I have no qualms about using it on rainy days, I just make sure I have the raincoat on standby.

I'm also wondering - since you mentioned the Boyz have 2 crocs available - yours and the Cacoan one...that if they were the winners to the recent Doyle auction on eBay since there was a black one and a cacoan one for auction...anyway where it comes from is not important, scoring it is!! Congrats again!

Ok, I'm reading posts backwards, so I'm replying to your post first, misspiggy

1) Are the wrinkles mainly on areas of the bag that tend to be stretched or folded? That is, the straps, and the side folds of the birkin?

2) Has there been a time when you brought your Birkin back to the craftsman and he had to refurbish it? Or has it been smooth sailing for you all the time you'd had your croc Birkin? And if it's completely alright with you, please give me an indication how long you'd had owned your bag.

3) No, misspiggy. They are not from Doyle auction on eBay. Both porosus croc Birkins are brand new > stamped J. :yes:

HG is better at this than me, so here I go!

NEVER EVER take that baby out on a rainy or foggy or muggy day! EVER! EVER EVER!

Keep her in a cool place if where you are is humid, try not to put on lotion and immeidiatly grabbing the handles, don't worry about the straps they will get wrinkled and mayby crack a tiny bit. Once in a while try to wipe it down with a soft dry cloth just to get the prints off. And NEVER EVER LET YOUR 7 YEAR OLD SNEAK INTO YOUR CLOSET TO PLAY DRESS-UP!! <~ that one's actually for me! :shame:

Bagg, I have so much to learn from you. Your bag is a big sister to mine, and you have owned your croc birkin for awhile now, so I have to make sure I do as you say. Else I will regret it for the rest of my life!

HG, when you have the time, please educate me on caring for croc skin. :shame:

Yes, where I am, it's humid. Bagg, how bad will the cracking go? It's brand new, so there are no cracks yet. But I do notice stress points, at the sides of the bag where the folded skin is. If there will be cracks, I expect them there. :hysteric:

prints ... yeah, tell me about it. I feel like I need to wear gloves before touching it.:sweatdrop: OK, so no contact of hand lotion which is fine. But is the perspiration and oils from our hands bad for croc skin? I would think croc skin is hardier than what I make it out to be :confused1: and surely easier to manage than box calf. No??:sweatdrop:

Ms. Sparkles, you have just acquired THE HOLY GRAIL OF BIRKINS! :yahoo: A big congrats to you! :drinks: You are one very lucky lady! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Every once in awhile we may need you to flash another pic of that beauty, okay?:P