My Creation - Special Orders

Knowing your taste (just from the little pieces I’ve ran across here on tPF) I’m sure it will be quite amazing. If you don’t mind, will patiently look forward to you sharing the process and final result when it’s all done :biggrin:
Do they give you a quote first? Do you get a rough estimate on how long it takes?
I know I am DOOMED with my evolving tastes. Sustainable sourcing is important also, and LVMH and Hermes both own the exotic farms which makes me feel ok about having the passion I have right now for them. So here's how it works. They have books of all the leathers, colors, and exotics ever used which they can typically repeat even if they haven't been around awhile. For instance, if you want Iris or Violet empreinte, which was once around but not since for some time, they can duplicate cuz it's been on the menu before. You ask about a certain bag silhouette you want to have made in that combo, you pick a lining, and the SD sends off to corp to assess if it's all doable. They might come back and say, we can't do the lining in THIS color or this leather, but we can do this alternate. And there's a quote for it. You then place the order, and pay when it comes in. Delvaux is same process by the way, they call it "MTO". I have one in the states in customs right now I am DYING to get. But they require 50% up front. Hermes of course is pay when it comes in. Similar time frame. Givenchy L bag is 3 months for box calf, 6 months for exotics, payment all up front.

I’m not sure it’s just for VIC. I was window shopping in an LV on vacation a couple of years ago when I was drawn to the back corner of the store by a gorgeous emerald green exotic Alma BB. A random SA approached me and I lamented that the bag was amazing and that I was desperate for a perfect green handbag but that the gold hardware on the bag, with the shiny green exotic leather, made it too matronly looking and if it had silver hardware, I would buy it on the spot. That’s when he said I could have one made exactly like it but with silver hardware or any other changes I wanted if I was interested. He took out leather sample books and started to explain the process but when he got to the 30% upcharge and deposit, I decided to wait for my Hermes SA to get me the perfect green bag instead.

This thread has certainly been educational. Clearly my store doesn't know much about the new system or I'm sure I would have heard more about it. Maybe I really didn't need to know!

I asked about this last year out of curiosity, and wanting to SO an Azure Alma PM, but was told this service is centred on hard luggage and exotics only.

I think @fabuleux mentioned they do offer this service for Petite Malle colours/leathers (being hard-sided luggage)
I don’t know about regular bags and SLGs. It used to be possible to order them in a different canvas or leather but that service was discontinued in the late 2000s. I have been offered multiple times the opportunity to customize a hard-sided piece though. These are for sure customizable and last I checked there was no surcharge. However, the waiting time was 6 to 12 months.

@ultravisitor Did you consider a SO bag recently? I feel like someone in the men’s forum was offered one.

Sorry guys—I don’t follow LV as closely as I used to.

Reactions: bccgal
they def don't like you do it for slg's and stuff. i had requested to have a mini pochette in reverse canvas. my friend goes, i love you but i can't get that done in an slg lol. but they do offer it for larger price tagged items.

It’s more centred on high end leathers and exotic skins. E.g, if you wanted a Milla with python handles and a specific leather colour not available off the shelf or a Capucines with an alligator flap etc. Also, a custom made PBC or PM. They will do wallets in exotic skins too. It is available to anyone not specifically vic.

Reactions: Sunshine mama
It’s the creation line. Pick a bag and make it into another canvas and choose an inside color and if you want you can put your initials on a patch inside. I got a damier ebene Mick pm approved with burgundy lining and I chose silver hardware. It’s about 115% more than the damier graphite mick pm so I’m still deciding. As long as it’s within LV’s standards then you can “create” your own bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s the creation line. Pick a bag and make it into another canvas and choose an inside color and if you want you can put your initials on a patch inside. I got a damier ebene Mick pm approved with burgundy lining and I chose silver hardware. It’s about 115% more than the damier graphite mick pm so I’m still deciding. As long as it’s within LV’s standards then you can “create” your own bag.

Wow...very interesting! How did you go about request for the special order? Just go to a SA and ask for it? lol

Wow...very interesting! How did you go about request for the special order? Just go to a SA and ask for it? lol
I was complaining to a SA how I wished the mick came in DE and he said it can happen and took me through the process :smile: it seems not every SA knows about this and even managers I spoke to didn’t believe me but it is real! I got a price quote from Paris so it’s definitely a thing :smile:

I was complaining to a SA how I wished the mick came in DE and he said it can happen and took me through the process :smile: it seems not every SA knows about this and even managers I spoke to didn’t believe me but it is real! I got a price quote from Paris so it’s definitely a thing :smile:
Sounds exciting. I don’t know if I could decide, I want so many things.. lol.

Reactions: Sunshine mama
I once inquired about if special order was possible on the Steamer backpack. But I was told the same, only hard side luggage were able to be customized.

I’m also orientating a bit towards getting my first entirely exotic bag, there is a service called make it yours and you can choose (for alligator or croc) the leather color, lining and hardware. This will take about 6 months.
You can also put in a request for a bag with for example different colors or another length strap.

Reactions: frivofrugalista