My Cosmetic Surgery experience in Seoul 2018 (Namu PS)

I am wondering why Namu has no many reviews on line... any idea? maybe they are so good.. sometimes people talk about bad exepriences and good are not mentioned in internet. do you know anymore positive reviews on them?
I do have an idea of why there are not that many reviews online. Consider this, the clinic is less than 20 years old. In the business world it take a few years to establish anything. A clinic or any type of business that just opened of course won’t have a big brand name yet. Nothing comes out and is instantly known. It takes marketing and good business practices. It’s takes about 5 years for businesses to establish a customer base and reputation. Some business don’t even turn a profit for many years. They work on investor money until they establish themselves. When I spoke to Linda (English translator) she told me she has been working with the clinic for at most 1 year. So it gives me reason to believe that the clinic has finally gotten to a point where they can expand their services to a bigger market. They must finally be turning some type of profit for them to decide to open up to another market(foreigners) because they now have the capital to do so. There is nothing wrong with growth andwe shouldn’t hate on it. That’s why I still chose to go consult with bigger hospitals who cater to foreigners too. There are over 500 clinics in Gangnam area. There are not enough Korean’s who want work to keep them all afloat. It makes sense to move on to another market in the long term. Investors want to see business grow and I do too. If a clinic stayed to small long term I would see red flags. Why haven’t they grown? Are they not busy enough? Are they not good?

But back to your question. Consider all of that I believe they finally decided to expand to this new market and it will take them time to build a customer base/reviews from this new market. Also, they don’t ask their customers to leave reviews either. I sort of did so because I wanted to let people know my surgery journey/ why I had it done/ how I handled the situation/ how and what to expect and things because I wanted to give back to the forum that helped me. If it inspires others to consult with the clinic it then that’s great.

No I don’t know any other reviews besides helens review that I read. I chose to take the leap of faith and chose them as my clinic because I felt that this is the clinic for me. And I hope that others find a clinic that they feel strongly about the way I felt about the doctors I chose and the clinic staff.

Reactions: Kioku
I do have an idea of why there are not that many reviews online. Consider this, the clinic is less than 20 years old. In the business world it take a few years to establish anything. A clinic or any type of business that just opened of course won’t have a big brand name yet. Nothing comes out and is instantly known. It takes marketing and good business practices. It’s takes about 5 years for businesses to establish a customer base and reputation. Some business don’t even turn a profit for many years. They work on investor money until they establish themselves. When I spoke to Linda (English translator) she told me she has been working with the clinic for at most 1 year. So it gives me reason to believe that the clinic has finally gotten to a point where they can expand their services to a bigger market. They must finally be turning some type of profit for them to decide to open up to another market(foreigners) because they now have the capital to do so. There is nothing wrong with growth andwe shouldn’t hate on it. That’s why I still chose to go consult with bigger hospitals who cater to foreigners too. There are over 500 clinics in Gangnam area. There are not enough Korean’s who want work to keep them all afloat. It makes sense to move on to another market in the long term. Investors want to see business grow and I do too. If a clinic stayed to small long term I would see red flags. Why haven’t they grown? Are they not busy enough? Are they not good?

But back to your question. Consider all of that I believe they finally decided to expand to this new market and it will take them time to build a customer base/reviews from this new market. Also, they don’t ask their customers to leave reviews either. I sort of did so because I wanted to let people know my surgery journey/ why I had it done/ how I handled the situation/ how and what to expect and things because I wanted to give back to the forum that helped me. If it inspires others to consult with the clinic it then that’s great.

No I don’t know any other reviews besides helens review that I read. I chose to take the leap of faith and chose them as my clinic because I felt that this is the clinic for me. And I hope that others find a clinic that they feel strongly about the way I felt about the doctors I chose and the clinic staff.
thank you for your thoughts, indeed this can be a reason. I am just wondering if they are popular in Babitalk which I cannot understand :sad:

UPDATE:

So its been about 5 weeks post op and I am satisfied with my results. I was worried in the beginning that my skin would sag but at week 4 a lot of the skin just suddenly tightened up. I'm happy with the results. My face is alot more symmetrical now then before. I like the size of my head now. I don't think I will have any sagging. I'm still in my twenties so it worked out well for me.

Something I noticed is my jaw line swelling is uneven and so is my nose swelling. I'm also healing scarless on my eyes but my nose scar is still a little read but I'm sure it'll be scarless.

When I keep it hidden from the sun the redness is nonexistent. I just want to let everyone know that I was not a good patient. I ate spicy,salty, and drank alot of alcohol even though I wasn't suppose too. I also did not take it easy I moved around alot. I'm a very active person so that can be difficult for me.

Thank you so much for this post. It was so very helpful. I’ve been planning my surgery since feb with Docfinder and they pushed all the big hospitals marketed to foreigners and quoted me stupidly obscene prices I almost gave up. Thanks again!!!

Thank you so much for this post. It was so very helpful. I’ve been planning my surgery since feb with Docfinder and they pushed all the big hospitals marketed to foreigners and quoted me stupidly obscene prices I almost gave up. Thanks again!!!

When are you going? I’m going back again with some people I met from pf. We’re going in December to get more lol fillers and stuff. I’m taking my nephew to get his eyes done too.

When are you going? I’m going back again with some people I met from pf. We’re going in December to get more lol fillers and stuff. I’m taking my nephew to get his eyes done too.

I decided October in spur of the moment but idk how the doctors and Docfinder schedules will work. I wish I could go with or hangout with someone while I am there as well!! I tried to make a new post and failed so will try again [emoji81]

I decided October in spur of the moment but idk how the doctors and Docfinder schedules will work. I wish I could go with or hangout with someone while I am there as well!! I tried to make a new post and failed so will try again [emoji81]
October is a good time. Don’t forget to negotiate! Don’t back down! The clinics will not be super busy during that time.

I’m just starting to research on a primary rhino doctor and thus far have been only looking at clinics not doctors. How can you find the work done by a specific doctor? And how do you choose your doc? Also, do you mind sending me a picture on kk or by email? I’m v curious to see the changes you’re talking about!!

UPDATE:

So its been about 5 weeks post op and I am satisfied with my results. I was worried in the beginning that my skin would sag but at week 4 a lot of the skin just suddenly tightened up. I'm happy with the results. My face is alot more symmetrical now then before. I like the size of my head now. I don't think I will have any sagging. I'm still in my twenties so it worked out well for me.

Something I noticed is my jaw line swelling is uneven and so is my nose swelling. I'm also healing scarless on my eyes but my nose scar is still a little read but I'm sure it'll be scarless.

When I keep it hidden from the sun the redness is nonexistent. I just want to let everyone know that I was not a good patient. I ate spicy,salty, and drank alot of alcohol even though I wasn't suppose too. I also did not take it easy I moved around alot. I'm a very active person so that can be difficult for me.
Thank you for sharing!
I am now very near to go to Namu. Can you tel me what exactly they did with chin and how much mandible jaw was cut?
I will do only jaw (no chin).

Part 3 Recovery:

Day 1 Post op: I woke up like a daisy. Full of energy I was tired of laying down upright. I wanted to go out. The staff told me to slow down and just go back to my place and rest for a few days even though I really just wanted to go out. My doctor both came to see me to let me know how the surgery went and what they did. Doctor Jeong corrected my breathing problems. Which was awesome. He also let me know days 2&3 are the worse. I thought that was considered day 2 so I said I felt fine I was sadly mistaken.

Linda prepared me for the driver to take me back to my airbnb. She sent me off with 2 goody backs that had my medicine antiseptic, pumpkin juice, nutritional milk, eye masks for icing, ect.

Day 2 Post op: This day was alright. I was really just struggling with feeding myself. I've been on liquid diets before so I was okay. Not much happened just kept myself entertained.

Day 3 Post op: OMG! this was the worst. I swelled up like a balloon! What made it worse was the fact that I could barley breathe because of the runs/boogers dripping down my though in the back from rhinoplasty. I could only breathe through my mouth which meant my throat got dry quickly because I'm on an all liquid diet. Which also meant I needed to go to the restroom often. On top of all of that I had to sleep upright the whole time and keep my self elevated. On this day I seriously thought to myself. Like dam, was this really worth it? Was I that ugly that I had to do this to myself? Is all this tourture going to be worth it?(It was worth it) It made me depressed. Luckily I was in contact with other PF members on kakao and the forums they were very supportive which helped me get thorough it.

Day 4 Post op: I went out for check ups and met up with PF members and we all got to check out each others surgeries since we all went to different hospitals. I also got my blood drainage tubes removed. Dr. Kirk took my hands and put it on my my jawline. Asked me to feel it. I was like WOW!. It's so small and such a difference. I thanked him and he left.

I can now go outside. I was swollen but I could tell I am gonna end up looking good. Still couldn't eat solid foods but that's okay. They told me to take it easy for awhile. I did not listen to them. When I had the okay to start moving around, I went everywhere. Hongdae, Meyongdong, all over gangnam, the palaces.

Meeting up with other PF members we exchanged our old photos and compared. Everyone said my change was the most drastic and that I now look like a doll. They told me I looked unreal at the time but very pretty. I was still swollen mind you. I liked what I looked like when I swollen actually. I got more lip fillers later to achieve the same look.

Day 6-10 Post op: More of the same swelling ect. By day 10 a lot of the swelling went down and I removed my nose cast and eye stitches today. In addition to the tape around my jaw and to be honest the tape really was such a great idea. Because if you don't wear you head bandage which I took off when I wanted to eat. The tape really helped made my face feel like it was not falling off from my bones.

** I also greeted and had breakfast with a new PF member on this day and I she had the opertuninty to check out my face before everything was taken off. I hope I didn't scare her with all the wrappings and stickers and drawing still on my face :P

Day 10-14: I went to japan for the weekend. I deswelled with a quickness when I was gone. When I came back to remove my final stitches it was a big improvement. I also went to NAMU for more lip fillers. Honestly NAMU was great a bunch of other PF members came with me to NAMU for my check ups and even though they had surgery at other clinic they recieved free deswelling treatments at NAMU. We also had a filler/botox party because at NAMU they had a dermatology department. We all filled up with lip fillers and botox before we left (twice). It's an addiction.

I had an opportunity to meet the owner of the clinic as well. A very nice lady from the U.S. specifically Seattle. OMG! She oozes class. She looks like she eat diamonds for breakfast and sweats quarters. She was very hospital and kind. I loved her energy. Humble too.

**I pray to god I end up like her in the future. She's the definition of class. I like her. I will become her. :heart:

** If you want to deswell quickly, minimize salt at all cost. I ate so much salty foods. I really didn't change my diet when I was Post op. I didn't think it would make much of a difference but it does. I'm a bad patient.

** Ice pack for 3-4 days. Then switch over to warm compresses after.

Day 15: Time to head home. I said bye to all my new friends. Hope to visit them in the states and around the world. NAMU sent me a driver to take me to the airport. This was much appreciated. NAMU really cared for me every step of the way. I had facials, multiple deswelling treatments, hair washes, the drivers, and free treatments for my friends.:P I wasn't expecting any of this. I thought it would be like the US where you get your surgery go home and your on your own from there.

Reasons why I chose NAMU:
1) Let's just be clear. We should all chase doctors not clinic reputations. Dr. Jeong & Kirk.
2)They had a dermatology department. I wanted a clinic that had everything in one. So, whenever I stopped by Seoul I could just pop right in and get some fillers or skin treatments. Not hunt down another clinic for it.They're a one stop shop.
3)The staff was professional. Worked as a team.
4)They really wanted to work with me.
5)Location(it wasn't that big of a deal but yeah)
6) I could do all my surgeries in one place.
7) NAMU's 2 year guarantee no questions asked revisions at no extra cost. (This is clinic has the longest guarantee I've found. I respect that. It shows integrity and they stand by their work. In addition, 2 years is a good time to make any decisions because the full results of a surgery don't really show until the 1 year mark. Especially, for rhinos. My friend told me the nose changes a lot after a year. He's had multiple rhinos already. )

Notable clinics that had good results as well which I saw from other PF member while there:
1) The face dental (No surprises here)
2) View (Great eyes)

**To this day I am currently less than 3 weeks post op. I got a lot of emails asking questions I hope this answered most for you. I thought this would be easier instead of answering the same questions repeatedly. I am not ready to show my pictures yet as I am still swollen and still have bruising on my eyes. After, one month I can start sending them out. I am still deciding on how I am going to send out my pictures too because I don't want my whole face floating around the internet to be honest.

In conclusion, I am happy! I finally got the face I feel like I always should have had. Acutally, it has exceeded my expectations because of the facial contouring. I didn't know I could look this good. I feel like I look like a doll now. Instead, of every time looking in the mirror and becoming disappointed because I didn't see what I thought I looked like but an ugly witch. I get surprised now and get stuck staring at my self for few minutes. Lost in how even/balanced my face is now.(Vanity) It's still surreal too me. I don't need to photoshop my face anymore and I don't feel my face needs anything too. It's done. I'm complete :smile:

**I'd like to mention NAMU for nose. Also, try to meet up with people especially if your getting bone surgery. Otherwise, it will be a long lonely recovery. Find a clinic you are comfortable with. Don't settle. I read a lot about PF members who say they felt trapped in to saying yes or going along with surgeries. You should make it very clear, the style/aesthetic your going for. They are doctors not mind readers. Of course they want you to be happy with your final results. It's their skill/ pride their putting on the line. Do your part. Communication is key. Bring whatever you need to get your point across.

**This was my experience. Let me know if anyone has any questions. I'm here to help. I know the process can be confusing and scary. Hopefully, this will add to the list of many guides out there on what/how you should go about your surgery. K coutures guide is also a really helpful reference. I went through that thing meticulously to get an idea of what to expect.

hi Flowerpower111~ Im interested in going to NAMU for facial contouring in Dec~ Is it possible to add you as frd on kakao to know more about your experience at Namu?~ Thank you so much!

I’m just starting to research on a primary rhino doctor and thus far have been only looking at clinics not doctors. How can you find the work done by a specific doctor? And how do you choose your doc? Also, do you mind sending me a picture on kk or by email? I’m v curious to see the changes you’re talking about!!
I don’t know. Most likely through reccomendatiisn of other people. If you go to see the doctor you can ask to see his work. I did this. I asked doctors to show me a nose like mine and then yeah.