My coach has faded!

stiffaknee

Mar 16, 2007
I purchased my signature coach hobo last august from Parisians, and I love it!! The only thing is, the color has faded! Its a black on black signature, but its faded to an almost brownish/grey color. I love my coach, and want to get another, but I don't want to ruin another (expensive) purse! Is there anything I can do, and does this happen often with coach?

Two of my co-workers have the same black signature demi pouch as I do... the only difference is mine is jet black still because I only use it for special occasions (because it's my very first Coach and from my parents) and my co-workers ones are, like you said, brownish/gray or faded. They use theirs every single day and they even bring it to work, tailgate parties in the sun/football games, to the clubs, etc.

Although I haven't had this experience with any of my black signature pieces (I have three), I also don't use them on a daily basis. But at least you know you're not alone... My co-workers are right there with ya.

Do you use your hobo on a daily basis or very often? Do you keep it in the sun for hours on end? I can only guess those are what causes the fading...

i had the same thing happen to my black sig stripe tote after only 4 months. i took it in and showed it to my sa and her manager. they sent it in to be evaluated, and coach sent me a brand new bag.

take it in and have them look at it. maybe they will do the same for you.

Oh no! I just bought a brand new blackonblack coach ergo.. :sad:

I hope this isn't a common problem! But then.. i'm not out in the sun for hours on end.. and If I ever go somewhere where I would be in the sun.. I definately take a "cheaper" purse I have.. xD!

I carry a white baby cloth w/ me (like a burp cloth) and cover my bag in the car so that it is not exposed to sun when it isnt necessary. Your bag WILL get sun exposure from walking outside, but unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this. I just checked w/ my neighbor after reading your post as she is an avid collector of expensive designer purses....she owns 4 Coach black signature purses, and this has not happened to her AS OF YET she said! BUT, she also carries the white baby cloth and covers her bags in the car as well.....who do you think I got THAT advice from??? LOL

I carry it quite a bit, but I didn't think it would cause significant damage! (Coworkers carry coach, but none are faded. I thought maybe because theirs are brown)

Its upsetting because I want to keep my bag in good condition.

I work at Coach and send in the bags for repairs. They will have to send it in but since its new they SHOULD waive the $20 fee. The best way to avoid this is to swap up your bags if possible. You also need to keep it out of the sun while its sitting in your car if you can. Don't leave it sitting where sun or a bright light will hit it when at home. Any type of dark fabric is going to fade some with exposure to light on a constant basis, particularly sunlight.

I know its a hassle, but its one of the things that comes with carrying more expensive bags. I have some LV bags and you wouldn't believe how careful you have to be with some of their stuff. The vernis line (patent leather) is VERY fragile and can fade or get color transfer very easily. And good luck getting them to do anything about it. Coach will either replace it or send you a coupon good for another purchase.

i think its sun exposure. i hide my bags when they are in the car because i am afraid someone might steal them. most of my coach bags are over 3yrs old and i use them daily but none have faded.

I purchased my signature coach hobo last august from Parisians, and I love it!! The only thing is, the color has faded! Its a black on black signature, but its faded to an almost brownish/grey color. I love my coach, and want to get another, but I don't want to ruin another (expensive) purse! Is there anything I can do, and does this happen often with coach?

I gave my mom a swingpack in Black Signature and it faded on one side from hanging in her room facing the sun. We didn't take it to Coach to see if there was anything that could be done. I told her she better not hang any additional purses facing a window!