My Coach faded : ( Should I dye it?

luvmibag

Jun 22, 2010
I have only owned 2 Coach purses, both of them are black with the signature C's. One is canvas and one is the newer black sateen.. I love both my purses but they both faded with in the first year. I sent one back to Coach and all they sent me was a discount coupon and my purse back. So, need another solution... Can the black fabrics be dyed black? Has anyone done this themselves or had this done professionally/

I have only owned 2 Coach purses, both of them are black with the signature C's. One is canvas and one is the newer black sateen.. I love both my purses but they both faded with in the first year. I sent one back to Coach and all they sent me was a discount coupon and my purse back. So, need another solution... Can the black fabrics be dyed black? Has anyone done this themselves or had this done professionally/

Good question... the only reason not o dye the bag is the Coach coverage but once they send you the 40% (we can not do anything) letter the coverage is taken care of..

I do not dye my bag but if you have a professinally do it is should be good as long as they are well recommended... now that could be expensive but you do not want a bad dye job because the color can bleed...

Your only other options is sell it or give it away and if you love the bags it is worth trying.. Now if you sell it later you need to disclose the dye job because that brings down the value...

I had a black fabric signature Hampton's carryall (old bag, like 2003 or 2004) and the black became more like a brown. I sent it in for repair, got the letter, and it now sits on my closet floor because I'll never use it again (it's been through hell and back).

I don't get rid of it because it was my very first Coach bag and it was given to me by my mom.