my coach collection so far aka i need to appreciate what i have! pic full

nursie

selective hoarder
O.G.
Sep 29, 2010
i thought i'd share my collection here and update as i get new bags. i've been a handbag hoarder since college, but never anything more than what i could find at ross,tjmaxx,and marshalls. so the end of summer i bagged around 70 purses and dropped them off at good will, leaving about 5 of my nine west/liz clairborne/tommy hilfiger purses in my closet to begin collecting coach.
my goal has been to keep my purse collection at around 20 this time around. i figured if i put this thread here it may possibly serve to keep me in check :P

so here we go with pics:

i wish i had taken a pic of what my closet looked like before i started the purge. this is a shot taken after i removed about 30 bags. i just went ahead and tossed all but 5 of the rest out to goodwill about a month later. bags had been everywhere on shelves where now i can finally put clothing instead. these are hanging on those purse strap organizers (i found them at bed bath and beyond).

handbagsoct2010018.jpg

i have not managed to purge my wallet collection. i'll upgrade eventually to coach wallets, but since i do like to coordinate the wallet to the bag it will take time.right now i feel like i may NEED all of these so they stay :smile:

handbagsoct2010020.jpg

this is the first coach bag i bought. i was planning on getting something leather on my first trip to the outlet, but the day before my outlet trip i was stuck all day in a crappy boring meeting and right across the street was dillards. it was during their sale where everything on clearance is an extra 40% off so at a little over $100 i had to have.

handbagsoct2010010.jpg

here's the inside. that's some random wallet i think i was showing how it coordinates with the purple lining. (i took these pics a couple of months ago i dont remember what i was doing!):

handbagsoct2010011.jpg

this is what came out of my first outlet trip. and yes i went on a day with no coupon and no i will never buy from the outlet without a coupon again (ok maybe for something great). this was atypical of a cheapskate like me, but i adore this print. if i didn't have to live with other people my house would be covered in it extremely tackily.

handbagsoct2010008.jpg

funny story about my audrey. on a subsequent trip to the outlet in charleston a sales associate found a tiny wayward gold coach hangtag on the floor near where i was standing and she insisted she thought it had fallen off my audrey. i just grabbed it and thanked her without even looking at my purse and stuck it back on, but when i got home i realized i now have FOUR hangtags on my audrey...it wasn't my hangtag...so she wears all four now.
inside:
handbagsoct2010009.jpg

my next purchase was at charleston outlet again. with next spring in mind, since things were on the 50% table and i now knew better from TPF to be there on coupon day i found these. i'm really not a big bag person because i also keep two giant tote bags full of stuff in my car all the time. i love the size of this hailey:

handbagsoct2010004.jpg

and i love pink!:
handbagsoct2010005.jpg

i don't know why i needed to take a pic of the wallet open! i've always thought i needed a giant wallet but i'm really liking smaller non bulky ones. i really love the texture of the coated canvas. i'd like to get more in this size in different prints.

handbagsoct2010003.jpg

my next purchase was not one i really wanted. which i always tend to do when i first start collecting something new. like a lot of you have talked about, everyone around me that even knows about coach bags think the only coach bags have 'c's splattered all over them. i bought this one to join the club even though i really didn't like it at the time. it was on sale. must not repeat this buying behavior!
but after using it, it became one of my favorite bags. easy to sling on cross body and since it's signature i gets lots of compliments lol.

handbagsoct2010006.jpg

handbagsoct2010007.jpg

i loved my audrey so much, i was dead set on either getting another one or a sabrina or some such in leather either black or brown. i spent a couple of weeks studying every ebay auction on them.
so how the hell did i end up with this instead? a damn sale at dillard's again. i do love it, but it reminds me how i easily get thrown off track of being selective when there are redlines on the price tag involved. well, if nothing else this alexandra threw me off the need to get a black or brown leather audrey/sabrina :smile:

handbagsoct2010014.jpg

handbagsoct2010014.jpg

ok i'm back.

out of all the stuff i've gotten, this is proably the most hard-working piece. like i said i've always thought i needed a giant wallet with tons of room for cards and crap. over the past couple of years i am one of the millions of americans that have cut up my store credit cards so now i just carry a debit and my license. (sorry i talk to much! this is my life through handbags!) this wristlet works for me to just grab to go out to eat or to stuff into the next bag and serve as a wallet. i want it in all colors!

bagcollectionandpugsdec2010015.jpg

bagcollectionandpugsdec2010016.jpg

i went to concord mills outlet one saturday with my 15 y.o. son with the purpose of getting some new clothes for him. (he literally grew two sizes in two months) of course i had to stop in coach. well really that was why we 'had' to go to concord mills for clothing even though i'm surrounded by the same clothing stores they have. anyway this trip i didn't see anything i wanted, and as a chronic purse hoarder was severely disappointed.
my son dug around on the bottom shelf and pulled this one from the back and said 'what about this, it's tacky like you!' (that is complimentary around these parts btw!)
and it is, and i love it...when i carry it, it reminds me of him.

poppy black patent jazzy:
bagcollectionandpugsdec2010017.jpg

bagcollectionandpugsdec2010018.jpg

any of you that were around in the 80's i hope remember the giant 'patent' gold and silver bags that were in for a while? well i never stopped carrying them :shame:

i had to have a flash of gold as blatant as possible. tasteful and professional: ick!

ebay for this one by the way, my first coach ebay purchase lol! gold poppy jazzy hobo:

bagcollectionandpugsdec2010019.jpg

bagcollectionandpugsdec2010020.jpg

^oh and that looks more berry on my screen, but it's not. it's red irl.