My classic caviar STRAP Broke!!!

You guys are scaring me, next week am planning on getting my first chanel and with that amount of money i want a perfect bag.What should i do??Go ahead and buy or wait.The sem thing happened a few months ago was planning on buying a Bbag but i read alot about quality issues, so didn't buy.I really dont know what to do.
Hope everthing works out for you sophia

WOW....what a sad state of affairs Chanel has on their hands with all these Quality issues. So, far I have been lucky, but it makes me sick to hear another owner pop up with a bag issue like this. Yes, I strongly agree...someone should take a break from increasing prices and see what is going on in the QA dept!:tdown:

We do have a high end leather repair shop, I initially brought my bag to them, but they did not have the exact color of the thread to match that of my classic beige caviar... so I decided to go through the long process of sending it to Chanel Paris since my friend is going there next week... And I want them to know that this is becoming a common problem.

Imagine I used it a total of 3 times and for short periods and the strap has already broken, if I continue using it the leather strap will unravel from the chain... :sad::sad::sad:

That stinks. That happened to me with one of my caviar classics but I took it to Modern Leather Goods which is a high end leather repair place in NYC and they sewed it on the spot for me for $20. I had to wait 5 minutes only instead of MONTHS if I took it to Chanel.

We do have a high end leather repair shop, I initially brought my bag to them, but they did not have the exact color of the thread to match that of my classic beige caviar... so I decided to go through the long process of sending it to Chanel Paris since my friend is going there next week... And I want them to know that this is becoming a common problem.

Imagine I used it a total of 3 times and for short periods and the strap has already broken, if I continue using it the leather strap will unravel from the chain... :sad::sad::sad:
wow that is horrible!! please keep us posted on what happens

Is that the part where the leather is pulled underneith the hardware? Like the one part of the strap where there is an empty space between the leather...you know what I mean? It's not broken if that's where I think it is. You just need to stick that leather part back under the hardware. Should be fine ;)

sophia04...did you check to see if this is the problem?

Yes, I did check. I tried to fix the strap myself by pushing the leather back in the chain, but it will eventually unravel by itself because the stitches at that end came off already.

It needs to be repaired. But it has to be the same thread as the rest of it. And for a relatively new bag, I do not want to use a different thread or I might just destroy the value of my bag.

I gave my bag to my friend already. and my S.A. in Paris is expecting it.

sophia04...did you check to see if this is the problem?

dear fellow TPFers!

some good news...

My friend who brought my Chanel back to the boutique in Paris-Rue Cambon informed me last night that my strap was fixed! They did it right away....

Hope this does not happen again, since we paid a lot for our chanels!

dear fellow TPFers!

some good news...

My friend who brought my Chanel back to the boutique in Paris-Rue Cambon informed me last night that my strap was fixed! They did it right away....

Hope this does not happen again, since we paid a lot for our chanels!

That's good to hear. Hope you'll get to wear your bag soon!

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. I'm glad they fixed it so quickly and didn't make you wait.

With as much as the prices are inflating, the quality going downhill is not acceptable at all.