My Christmas presents & wedding band upgrade - T&Co Elsa Peretti Curved Platinum Band

Bags4Bubbles

Bubbles luvs Bbags
O.G.
Dec 23, 2006
I had been eyeing this wedding band for a few years, but wanted it to be "from DH" instead of buying it myself. So I've waited, and waited... and was about to give up hope - just about to buy it myself when he offered to get it for me on Christmas! :biggrin: (It's kind of a happy baby gift too, because he got me an iPad 2 when I had our second baby in November... but iPads aren't very sparkly, LOL. j/k)

I opted for the Elsa Peretti band over a traditional eternity band because I wanted to upgrade my original wedding band. When we got married, I just got a plain platinum band not really taking into account that there could be better options out there to suit my ring. When I first came across this Elsa Peretti band a few years ago, it was love at first sight! Sure enough, when I tried it on in the store... I felt like it suited my ring better than the plain (non-curved) band.

This is what my ring originally looked like with my regular (non-curved) platinum band (2mm):

DSC_0192.jpg

And here is the new band: :smile:

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

I feel like it suits my e-ring better, it kind of almost gives it a "frame" IMO?

And just for fun, here are my other blue boxes that I received as Christmas gifts:

Paloma Picasso Marrakesh Pendant Necklace:

Box_Murrakeshnecklace.jpg

Murrakeshnecklace.jpg

Loving Heart Swirl Ring (I actually just received it today with my wedding band, so the small box is my wedding band box):

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

Now does anyone have any suggestions for how to re-purpose a 2mm platinum band? :lol:

Wow! Congratulations! Everything is so lovely! :woohoo: I think your platinum band would be perfect for stacking with other rings or sometimes if I am wearing a ring on my index finger, I love to wear a thin band on my ring finger.

Thanks for the idea! :smile: I'd thought about getting stacking rings for losing the baby weight this time around, but I hadn't thought of using my original band as a part of a stacking set! Great idea!

I have the same wedding band! I, too, love it and it is so comfortable to wear. I am thinking about getting the YG and RG versions and stacking it with the two platinum and diamond bands I have. I know platinum "eats" gold but it'd be nice to have an option to stack the bands when I don't or can't wear my solitaire too.

Congrats on a wonderful holiday--I love all of the gifts you got!

Thanks all! I was excited when it arrived today! :smile: sorry the pics are so big, I had to upload in Photobucket because I couldn't get pics to upload directly.

I have the same wedding band! I, too, love it and it is so comfortable to wear. I am thinking about getting the YG and RG versions and stacking it with the two platinum and diamond bands I have. I know platinum "eats" gold but it'd be nice to have an option to stack the bands when I don't or can't wear my solitaire too.

Congrats on a wonderful holiday--I love all of the gifts you got!

Yay! It is good to hear from someone that also has it that you love it! Part of me kept wondering if I should have just gone with a non-Tiffany eternity band that was a higher ctw, but I just love this design so much. It was the way to go.

If you get the other rings to stack with it, you have to upload pics! I want to see what it looks like worn alone!

Beautiful! Your new ring looks perfect! I actually was just looking at that ring online last night. Can you post a modeling pic of the Marrakesh pendant? That is another item I am thinking about and I don't live near a store. Thanks and enjoy your beautiful items.
Diane

Can you get your children's birthstones hammer set into the old band? Might be a nice way to keep it more special than your other dress rings, considering it was originally your wedding band.