My Christmas Kelsey!

bunnycat

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2024
O.G.
Oct 14, 2013
I've been looking for just the "right size" bag for some time, and a month or so ago I looked dropped by a Coach store and saw the Kelsey. I was smitten at first sight but with Christmas coming couldn't see how I could fit this in my budget and finish Christmas shopping too. So I had to be content with ogling pictures here and on the web. :smile:

Fast forward to Thursday. I had been an eye out for any sales "heads up" and saw the post about the Dillards 30% off Coach sale on the day after Christmas. My shoes were on and I was out the door as fast as I could go with my Christmas money in hand. :graucho:

I wanted to be very sure I was making the right decision (as I haven't made to many of those lately with purses) and spent over an hour agonizing between the Kelsey, Small Phoebe, a Mini Tanner and the Bleeker Cooper. The saleslady was VERY patient and pretty much piled the purses in front of me and left me alone to ponder in front of the mirror.

Phoebe, though I LOVE the bag and the way it looks just will not stay on my skinny shoulders and that is the only strap option. The Mini Tanner is cute, but I wondered if I would get tired of the structure. The Bleeker Cooper was a close call, but ended up just looking too large on me and I feared the leather wouldn't soften enough to "slouch" a little and not look so big on me. So, back to my original pick- Kelsey.

Here she is in Chestnut with gold hardware and a pretty Berry Red satin lining. So soft, and just a tiny bit slouchy at rest like I like it. Just big enough to do all the things I need it to and not so big as to look odd on me.

I did a quick mod shot but it was right after I had taken the cats to get their shots at the vet so please pardon the cat hair mess that is called my sweat pants and shirt!

kelsey2.jpg

kelsey1.jpg

kelsey3.jpg

Love your Kelsey - really a great little everyday bag. I carried mine for over 2 weeks straight when I got it - comfy and easy to get in and out of. It looks super on you - you made the right choice!

Thank y'all so much! I think it's going to be a great bag. It's very comfy on the shoulder, which is very important for me and I love the gentle curve in the shaping.

I will probably take it for an official spin tomorrow!

Thank y'all for the kind words!
Tejasmama- I do think Coach got this bag very right!
Agreen- I know! I keep looking at the pretty lining!
FF- bag twins! Yours is in your avatar?