My Chloe Ollie from LVR is HORRIBLE!!!!

Its disgraceful service, and as others have suggested, actually an illegal practice, to not allow returns of goods that are fautly, or unfit for purpose.

I really think we should stop buying from LVR until they agree to sort this out. Its appalling service, and we should not be seen to be condoning it by making further purchases.

You should be able to return them. When i purchased a bag from LVR before on sale, the bag did not have all the tag that came with it. they told me that i can return it within 14 days. anyway, it was only the tag so it was ok with me. it was not a big issue, i was just curious.
im pretty sure you can return the bag. good luck!

Thanks to everyone for your responses and support, I spoke to the credit card company today and they are going to help me with my claim. It seems like it's going to be a long drawn out process.

I'll keep you updated on what happens. I wish we had the distance selling act here in the US!

I'm starting to get wary of buying anything sight unseen anymore.

My tPF girls are the best!!!! :flowers:

^^ I'm pretty sure you do have the equivalent of the Distance Selling Regulations in the US, sparkledust.

I was researching last year and all but two states (can't remember which ones, sorry! :shame: ) uphold it.

However, that is irrelevant in this case, as LVR is an Italian company and as such, is bound by Italian and EU law.

Therefore, anyone buying from them, including you, is covered by the EU Distance Selling Regulations. :yes:

Please try again with LVR, mentioning everything that has been said here and even, perhaps, including a link to this thread, so they can see that at least 2 of the 3 other people who have bought an Ollie from them are watching and almost certainly, a lot of other potential customers.

I am seriously considering cancelling my order unless they reconsider (as is my (and your) right under the regulations), as I only buy from respectable, law abiding, companies.

No problem, BTW. :flowers:

Its disgraceful service, and as others have suggested, actually an illegal practice, to not allow returns of goods that are fautly, or unfit for purpose.

I really think we should stop buying from LVR until they agree to sort this out. Its appalling service, and we should not be seen to be condoning it by making further purchases.

ITA. :yes:

A copy of the email my partner and I sent to LVR:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please can you assure me that the Chloe Ollie I purchased will be despatched in new and unused condition, with no faults, marks, wear, fading or any other form of damage?

Also, please can you confirm that it will not be an ex-display model?

No issues regarding the condition of the bag were mentioned, or pictured, in the item description, or photographs, so I am not legally obliged to accept a bag that has any problems; regardless of whether it was on sale, or not.

If it arrives in anything less than perfect, unused and undisplayed condition, I will, most certainly, insist on a cancellation of my order, as is my right under EU Distance Selling Regulations and European Consumer Law.

If you have not yet despatched the bag (as I have still not yet received a despatch confirmation, I have to assume this is a distinct possibility) and you know that the bag is in less than perfect, unused condition, please consider this email a cancellation of my order.

In which case, I will expect an immediate refund to my card.

Incidentally, these laws also apply to your dealings with any other customer who has ordered from you, no matter where they reside and I very much hope that you will decide to follow your legal obligations, as a merchant and refund them where applicable; otherwise I may be forced to cancel my order (even if the bag sent to me is unused and fault-free) and in addition, refrain from any future orders from you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

x.

chloehandbags said:
A copy of the email my partner and I sent to LVR:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please can you assure me that the Chloe Ollie I purchased will be despatched in new and unused condition, with no faults, marks, wear, fading or any other form of damage?

Also, please can you confirm that it will not be an ex-display model?

No issues regarding the condition of the bag were mentioned, or pictured, in the item description, or photographs, so I am not legally obliged to accept a bag that has any problems; regardless of whether it was on sale, or not.

If it arrives in anything less than perfect, unused and undisplayed condition, I will, most certainly, insist on a cancellation of my order, as is my right under EU Distance Selling Regulations and European Consumer Law.

If you have not yet despatched the bag (as I have still not yet received a despatch confirmation, I have to assume this is a distinct possibility) and you know that the bag is in less than perfect, unused condition, please consider this email a cancellation of my order.

In which case, I will expect an immediate refund to my card.

Incidentally, these laws also apply to your dealings with any other customer who has ordered from you, no matter where they reside and I very much hope that you will decide to follow your legal obligations, as a merchant and refund them where applicable; otherwise I may be forced to cancel my order (even if the bag sent to me is unused and fault-free) and in addition, refrain from any future orders from you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

x.

Well, they've refunded my partner for the Ollie we ordered - not sure if this happened before or after our email...

Assuming this happened after it, I'm not sure if they refunded because they know that all the Ollies are faulty, damaged and/or ex-display, or for some other reason e.g. language barrier, thinking we're difficult (which we're not with businesses who treat their customers properly! ;) ) etc. :shrugs:

Again, assuming it's because they know they're all faulty or whatever, as that is the only reason we asked for a cancellation before despatch; they haven't pulled them from the website, yet! :blink:

So, other people are presumably still in danger of buying what they think are new, undamaged bags and receiving something akin to sparkledust's. :sad:

They haven't replied to my emails, or even sent an email confirming cancellation, yet, either.

So I still don't really know, for sure, what's going on, I'm afraid. :shrugs:

This is really not how I expect to be treated by a company that sells luxury goods...

Hopefully, they'll see sense and grant you a return, sparkledust. :yes:

Please keep us updated.

Hmmmm...well, this thread certainly makes me hesitant of ever ordering from LVR. I haven't ordered from them before but have been checking their website daily, so they may have lost a potential customer. :sad:

sparkledust - have LVR offered you a refund yet?

I know you said you were going to go through your credit card company, but as it's LVR's legal obligation to refund you, I think it would be easier and quicker to let them know that you are aware of that. :yes: