My Chloe get lost from HG bags~

I wish it just stuck in Custom. But Canada Post and USPS status update said the item is currently in transit to the destination since May 10. Sounds like it disappear~~

I don't have any idea about the status of your particular package, but I have had a lengthy shipping experience between the US and Canada, like a lot of other people. I know it's frustrating and that it's already been a while, but maybe you could give it a little more time. Of course, no one would expect you to wait so long that you lose any chance you might have to pursue a claim to get your money back. Good luck!

Just dont let that 45 days pass OP. In fact, I don't let it go past day 43, remember, its from the day you paid. If it never comes and you let that day pass, you'll have no way to get your money back.

If it comes after you get your money back you can always make arrangements with the seller to pay again. But don't risk your money by letting that day pass!

I wish it just stuck in Custom. But Canada Post and USPS status update said the item is currently in transit to the destination since May 10. Sounds like it disappear~~

The words in the tracking do not necessarily reflect the reality. So don't worry about what it says. It is most likely stalled in customs.

Was it sent by Priority Mail International? If so, all uninsured priority international has indemnity coverage. So in a case of loss, HG can claim reimbursement which depends on how much they declared the value of the bag. (If insurance is purchased, it replaces indemnity coverage)

But I still think the package will show up on the tracking soon.

Good luck!

Insurance is to protect the seller, not the buyer. If the bag is lost in transit, the seller should have to refund you and then file an insurance claim to recoup their funds. If they didn't ship with insurance, the seller will be out the money, not you.

In regards to where the bag might be, it's possible that the bag is stuck in customs. What method did the seller use to ship the item?

I totally agree. High-end items should always be insured by the seller. I have a feeling that the bag is still in transit. Sorry you've been waiting so long -- I know how frustrating it feels! Keep us updated. :yes:

I contact Custom Today. They ask me to contact Canada Post. They don't offer tracking service for item shipped into Canada.

Can you let us know what USPS method the seller used to send the package (it will say at the top of the page that shows the tracking information): Priority? Express? First Class?

Priority~

It's likely still in customs then - Express Mail (faster than Priority) takes 5 business days, not including time in customs; International Priority is 7-10 business, also usually not including time in customs. It's been about 18 business days. I'd give it another week or so before filing a claim.

If you don't receive the bag I'm not understanding why you are out the money. The vendor must refund your money if it does not arrive. Why does ****** say that it is not their responsibility?

Cause they said I didn't buy the shipping insurance.

The seller said cause I didn't buy shipping insurance, so this is not their responsibility. They use USPS.

It IS the seller's responsibility to make sure you receive what you buy from them. ****** can give you the option to "pay" for insurance but it is actually an expense she should cover since it is her duty to make sure you receive your purchase. There is no way the buyer is out of their money if a package does not arrive.....no matter what her website says or what she tells you otherwise.

Would give this package a few more days (end of week) and then perhaps

consider filing an INR... you have a window of opportunity to do this

45 days from date of purchase.. if you package comes you can always

cancel your INR.. but at least get the claim going...

Because of all the variables outside the buyer's and seller's control, on international I always give the maximum amount of time to file an INR. You have 45 days from the date of payment. To be safe I plan on filing on day 44. But I have never had to do it, it has always eventually arrived.