My Chanel Story of 2011

oblivion

O.G.
Jun 10, 2007
I've been lurking around this forum and finally I've decided to post my hauls for this year.

It's my first time posting here, so bear with me.

Chapter One

I was holidaying in Europe and had my heart set on getting my first Chanel flap. I didn't do any research on what was selling at that time. So you can imagine that I spent over an hour in the store deciding between a seasonal flap and a classic medium flap. Until, the SA got a little impatient with me.

I knew I could always come back and get the classic. But what I didn't know was that there was a price increase just 2 days later. So when I found out through this forum, I still get regretful that I didn't choose the classic.

So, my first Chanel purchase was a iridescent calfskin flap. I chose this over the m/l flap as 1) It holds more stuff, 2) It's seasonal and I may not find it again, 3) It's more casual and fits my jeans n tee outfits.

It's really hard to capture the actual color of the flap. It's more black then grey.

What I like about this bag is that it's lighter and have a nice soft suede like touch.

The cons about this bag is that it's soft and there's a slight crease line in the middle of the flap as the weight pulls the flap down. I've tried to put a base at the bottom of the bag and it helps a little, but sometimes the crease appears again. I don't really put heavy stuff in this baby. Only the necessary like wallet, cosmetic case and phone.

Does anyone have any tips to fix the crease issue?

More Chapters to come... Please keep a look out and thanks for reading!

my mom has the same bag in burgundy/dark red and yes, it's really pretty as well as practical! unfortunately the issue with the crease in the middle remains - in fact it's worse if you hold the bag by the top handle. we've yet to figure out the solution to that..

congrats anyway!

A very Happy New Year to all TFPers!!!

Chapter Two

I went to almost all the chanel shops in Paris but they didn't have much costume jewelry that I liked. At my final stop in Italy, I waited to be served by a SA in one of the Chanel shops. All of them were busy and I waited close to 30mins and left.

I came back about an hour later and waited about 10 mins this time. The SA pulled out the trays of CJs and I immediately knew I had to get 2!

I'm glad I came back and I'm a happy person.

Here's the first:
A very simple one which I wear often.

6607023959_518f57bbcf.jpg

For more special occasions:

6607023465_26bf2c020b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I'll be posting more and also more on my iridescent flap.

A very Happy New Year to all TFPers!!!

Chapter Two

I went to almost all the chanel shops in Paris but they didn't have much costume jewelry that I liked. At my final stop in Italy, I waited to be served by a SA in one of the Chanel shops. All of them were busy and I waited close to 30mins and left.

I came back about an hour later and waited about 10 mins this time. The SA pulled out the trays of CJs and I immediately knew I had to get 2!

I'm glad I came back and I'm a happy person.

Here's the first:
A very simple one which I wear often.

6607023959_518f57bbcf.jpg

For more special occasions:

6607023465_26bf2c020b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I'll be posting more and also more on my iridescent flap.
We have the same pendant(first one) - nice!