My Chanel Story of 2011

Chapter Three

My husband saw how old and dirty my wallet was and said to me, "I'll get you a wallet for your birthday". I had mine for 3 years and it was a light colored patent (not a chanel if you are wondering). It was indeed looking old due to the dirt and color transfer which can't be cleaned off due to the nature of patent leather. I haven't thought about changing my wallet because it is still useable. But since he offered, I jumped on it.

And so the hunt was on for my new wallet! I was careful this time as to what kind of leather to choose. I wanted a wallet to last me for years, at least 10 years I might add. I wonder if I really can resist any urge of buying a new wallet for another 10 years?! Anything patent was strike off the list. After visiting various brands, I finally decided on Chanel (You must have guessed it by now!).

I had already decided on the design, size and color. Next was choosing the leather. I really liked how the camellia lambskin wallet looked and was so smooth to touch. However, as advised by the SA, lambskin is something delicate and hard to maintain. Also, as I will be touching the wallet on a daily basis, taking it in and out of my bag, I won't be 100% sure my hands will be oil free, dirt free before laying my hands on it. It will be too much of a hassle. She took out the classic one in caviar. All along, I have never liked how the pebbled liked leather looked. It was the same for the wallet.

This wasn't my first visit as I had already came before and only the camellia one caught my eye. Somehow in my mind I was ready to give up on getting another Chanel. Then, the SA pulled out something that had a sparkle. I was immediately drawn towards it! The leather was oh so shiny....

6607018353_f45785eac3.jpg

To be continued...

Oh my, can't wait to see it. Am here in Michigan and looking for a pink flap but not so lucky, will go to Chicago on Wednesday before we go home and contemplating to get a wallet instead.....