My Chanel refurbishment before & after!

nddj

chanel lover
O.G.
Nov 24, 2008
Hi everyone!

A few weeks ago I was at my local Chanel boutique to look at some brooches and to decide wether I wanted to defitely buy my HG grey medium flap online via Ebay or go for another one in the boutique. While chatting with my SA I mentioned to that I still love the black Jumbo I have, but that it hurts me to look at the wear it has developed in the 8 years I have had her. I bought her when I was 18 (only still €1890,- back then.. wow) and have used her non stop ever since, so no wonder she has some wear.. but still painful to look at.. He mentioned I could have her sent to Paris to get her refurbished, so a few days later I decided to go for it.

This was the state she was in when I dropped her off, lot's of wear, cracks and fraying:
IMG_6251.PNG IMG_6252.PNG IMG_6254.PNG IMG_6256.PNG

Only 3.5 weeks later I got a call from the boutique that she was back from repairs and that I could come and pick her up. I was a bit surprised because they told me they would call to let me know the price before repairing, which they hadn't done.. however they said it had cost €140,- so that wasn't all that bad at all!

I just picked her up and I couldn't be happier!! They totally exceeded my expectations, I had no idea she could look this amazing again..

So without further ado, my shiny beautiful girl as new (as possible)!
IMG_6258.PNG IMG_6262.PNG IMG_6265.PNG IMG_6266.PNG IMG_6267.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_6257.PNG
    IMG_6257.PNG
    711.6 KB · Views: 2,803
Holy cow!! Are you sure they gave you the same bag back:amazed: It looks amazing!!! Money well spent:tup:
I know right! :heart: I recognize her by the single flap, thumbprint in the middle on top of the flap (my dad picked her up like this :sad:) and fhe peeling sticker... but totally unrecognizable other than that! I think they heated and stretched the leather to remove the wear etc., because in those area's it's a bit smoother and less of the caviar embossing.. but I'll take that over the wear any day!

Hi everyone!

A few weeks ago I was at my local Chanel boutique to look at some brooches and to decide wether I wanted to defitely buy my HG grey medium flap online via Ebay or go for another one in the boutique. While chatting with my SA I mentioned to that I still love the black Jumbo I have, but that it hurts me to look at the wear it has developed in the 8 years I have had her. I bought her when I was 18 (only still €1890,- back then.. wow) and have used her non stop ever since, so no wonder she has some wear.. but still painful to look at.. He mentioned I could have her sent to Paris to get her refurbished, so a few days later I decided to go for it.

This was the state she was in when I dropped her off, lot's of wear, cracks and fraying:
View attachment 3858360 View attachment 3858361 View attachment 3858363 View attachment 3858365

Only 3.5 weeks later I got a call from the boutique that she was back from repairs and that I could come and pick her up. I was a bit surprised because they told me they would call to let me know the price before repairing, which they hadn't done.. however they said it had cost €140,- so that wasn't all that bad at all!

I just picked her up and I couldn't be happier!! They totally exceeded my expectations, I had no idea she could look this amazing again..

So without further ado, my shiny beautiful girl as new (as possible)!
View attachment 3858384 View attachment 3858387 View attachment 3858388 View attachment 3858389 View attachment 3858391
Congrats on your "spruced up" baby...she looks FANTASTIC!!! Wow! Especially that front right corner! So happy for you!!

Reactions: nddj
that's a great job they did. i'm surprised it had so much wear after just 8 years... i guess you used it a lot?
Lol yes definitely, I was 18 when I got her and to this day (well, untill next week!) she is my only Chanel bag. TBH, she's the only bag I really use (I have one LV bag which I've only used a handful of times) and I take her everywhere with me.. In the beginning I really babied her but I took her on planes, to university, shopping, on most vacations, to work.. and didn't use a bag hanger. The tear in the front is exactly the spot where my arm covers the bag, because I always wear it with a double strap on my shoulder.. so I guess that created the tear. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say I probably used her 5 times a week for 8 years (some weeks more, some weeks less)

Lol yes definitely, I was 18 when I got her and to this day (well, untill next week!) she is my only Chanel bag. TBH, she's the only bag I really use (I have one LV bag which I've only used a handful of times) and I take her everywhere with me.. In the beginning I really babied her but I took her on planes, to university, shopping, on most vacations, to work.. and didn't use a bag hanger. The tear in the front is exactly the spot where my arm covers the bag, because I always wear it with a double strap on my shoulder.. so I guess that created the tear. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say I probably used her 5 times a week for 8 years (some weeks more, some weeks less)
But now I'm totally babying her again!! Lol I realised it's not really neccessary to take her to work because 9/10 times I don't need anything but my car keys and I work in our family business with 7 people who have known me all of my life... I don't need to feel dolled up for them lol. And for on the plane I'll probably just put her in a dustbag next time while under the seat in front of me!