my chanel cambon is getting messed up

hi fayden...i have the same problem. and i only used my bag once. Anyways, chanel has 3 years guarantee for their leather. if there's a sratch or any problem with the leather just bring it to them.....i don't think they'll give you any problem.

Yeah take it in :biggrin: That is kind of why I held off on the white with black Cs. Some of the reporter bags at the boutique were already starting to show signs of wear :sad: And I really wanted the white lol. I hope they can do something for you!

that's so strange. i have the larger tote, and i've taken out at least 10 times since i've gotten it at christmas. and i mean including amusement parks and movies, and it's still in perfect shape.

i know i'm kinda late to answer but...
i have the pink cambon tote and the bloody straps left black marks on my pink leather i've been meaning to go back for year but i get too lazy

Fayden, the same thing happened to my Cambon and I bought it at Bloomies too. So I took it to the Chanel store and they said they could refinish it for $100 but that I should take it back to Bloomies because they will do it for free. So that's what I did. That was 7 weeks ago and I am still waiting to get it back. They said it takes 608 weeks. Will let you know how it comes out.

PS Sorry for this late post.

Sametime happened to my white C's on my Cambon wallet, I use it a lot and the C's are now grey. I took it to Chanel and they offered to have it cleaned. I have the multi-poketbag but has not had enough use out of it to see color change. I think it has to do with the C's rubbing against colored fabrics... my wallet, I suspect, spent a lot of time in my black bags.

fayden said:
oh no now i'm really sad!!

i was told my at the chanel boutique that chanle stands behind its products. if anything happens to the bag to take it back. do not even call them, just take the bag to the store/ boutique you purchased it from, especially if you still have the receipt. i hope they stand behind what they say. good luck

I think you and your SA not really communicate much when u bought the bag.
All of white bag or white area doesn't matter what brand seem to have that problem if you not taking care of the bag well or u accidently don't know how to take care of it.
Did you leave the bag in any moise area?
Did you leave it near by the sunlight too much?
Did you kept it in the black Chanel cotton bag?
Sometime the glue in the bag can acting up with your environment
you can tell by it turn yellow.
In your case I think your leather from black color transfer to white
due to room temp. (since black color are vegetable dye it could transfer)
Every handbags you collected should be in dry and cool area.
Egv. some people who live near by the beach their lambskin and gold hardware turns tarnish so easy and quickly.
Normally Chanel stands behind their product for 1 year.
Please do not use any leather conditioner to clean your bag it might
get worse.
Chanel is so good when it come to warrantee, I hope your SA will
help you.
If worse come to worse did you know that all the Chanel bag if they
over 1 year warrantee time and your bag is ruin or scratch, chain broke off blah blah blah. You could send back to MFG to redone your leather,chain,foots etc if they have to take out your old leather and put in the new one they can do it for less than 300.00 and it will come back just like the brand new one.
Buying Chanel is a great investment I will never sweat over that.

I have the black one with the white CC and I just used some Apple Guard products (cleaner and conditioner and repellant) on it after reading about it on these boards and it took the dingy look away and they are almost like the were originally.

I had the wallet also which I handled a lot more and it was always in contact with dirty coins and such. I cleaned uo the white CCs pretty good also with the Apple stuff before I sold it (too small for all my stuff).

Attachments

• chcc.jpg
    chcc.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 80