My Chanel accordion was getting old so I dyed it

ElenaAlex

Jul 16, 2020
My Chanel bag was getting old and tired and because of the lockdown I decided to give it a new life.
The bag itself is fine, I'm looking after my bags, there was no tears, scuffs or scratches but the color was fading a bit and I no longer liked it. And because it was looking old, I wasn't using it.

I did train on a lot of LV wallets I got online and on 1 Prada cream bag, because I didn't want to ruin the bag ( I can post pics if anyone is interested). The wallets also came very well, I'm using them :smile: Also the bag but... it is not my type of bag but I will use it at least ones :smile:

I used Fiebing's Pro dye, chocolate - total of 4 layers and their Acrylic Resolene, 6 coats as I wanted it shiny. It was a very hard bag to work on compare to the wallets and the Prada bag because of all the folds and corners - it took me around 40 h of work as I didn't want to ruin the lining also and it is visible when the bag is closed so the dying process took a lot of fiddly work with a small brush. Also I disassembled the strap, which was easy, but assembling it took 4 h. Anyway - it came quite well and I'm quite happy to share the result with you. Here some photos before and after. I'm very happy with the result, although it is darker than I expected, but now I can also use it in the winter and with darker clothes.

20200728_093324.jpg

20200728_093329.jpg

20200728_093334.jpg

20200728_093355.jpg

20200822_181448.jpg

20200822_181500.jpg

20200822_181507.jpg

My Chanel bag was getting old and tired and because of the lockdown I decided to give it a new life.
The bag itself is fine, I'm looking after my bags, there was no tears, scuffs or scratches but the color was fading a bit and I no longer liked it. And because it was looking old, I wasn't using it.

I did train on a lot of LV wallets I got online and on 1 Prada cream bag, because I didn't want to ruin the bag ( I can post pics if anyone is interested). The wallets also came very well, I'm using them :smile: Also the bag but... it is not my type of bag but I will use it at least ones :smile:

I used Fiebing's Pro dye, chocolate - total of 4 layers and their Acrylic Resolene, 6 coats as I wanted it shiny. It was a very hard bag to work on compare to the wallets and the Prada bag because of all the folds and corners - it took me around 40 h of work as I didn't want to ruin the lining also and it is visible when the bag is closed so the dying process took a lot of fiddly work with a small brush. Also I disassembled the strap, which was easy, but assembling it took 4 h. Anyway - it came quite well and I'm quite happy to share the result with you. Here some photos before and after. I'm very happy with the result, although it is darker than I expected, but now I can also use it in the winter and with darker clothes.

View attachment 4836985

View attachment 4836986

View attachment 4836988

View attachment 4836989

View attachment 4836990

View attachment 4836991

View attachment 4836992
It looks very professional, you have more patience than I!

• Love
Reactions: 880 and ElenaAlex
@Venessa84

Thank you

@muchstuff
Thank you. This is my first ever Chanel bag, that I will never sell, so I had to be patient. I also made some mistakes so I had to fix as well. For example, when the bag was dyed I noticed that around the piping, when I pull the leather, I can see the old light color. When I was applying the resolene, the back side of bottom of the pocket touched the bag and dried so I had to remove the layer and dye it again.

It is not that complex but it does need a lot of patience and following strictly the drying times and instructions.

Reactions: 880 and Venessa84
@Venessa84

Thank you

@muchstuff
Thank you. This is my first ever Chanel bag, that I will never sell, so I had to be patient. I also made some mistakes so I had to fix as well. For example, when the bag was dyed I noticed that around the piping, when I pull the leather, I can see the old light color. When I was applying the resolene, the back side of bottom of the pocket touched the bag and dried so I had to remove the layer and dye it again.

It is not that complex but it does need a lot of patience and following strictly the drying times and instructions.
Kudos to you!

Reactions: ElenaAlex

View attachment 4836985

View attachment 4836986

View attachment 4836988

View attachment 4836989

View attachment 4836990

View attachment 4836991

View attachment 4836992

Fabulous! Love the color! What superb workmanship!