My Celine Box arrived with an unspecified flaw.help!

kj1008

Dec 31, 2020
Hello. I need your experienced opinions

I just bought this Celine Box preloved in a gorgeous color that I love and was looking for, but upon arrival I’ve discovered this:

What you’re looking at is a small split from the corner of the zip pocket and the bag, roughly 1/2 cm.

I love the bag, and got it at a good price, but this flaw! I think a good cobbler could stitch it back but...idk.

Do I (a) try to return the bag (the flaw was either not mentioned or unseen) and hope to find this same style and color at this great price? Or (b) go see my local cobbler and about a fix?

What do you think?

794FEE52-5C1D-472F-85F5-909CF828D2EB.jpeg

It is difficult to say, it would depend on how good the price was for you relative to the damage and your tolerance level...
I have looked at my classic and that bit looks like it is actually reinforced with an extra stitch?. Mine is natural leather, yours seems to be goat? (not box). While it can probably be repaired, that tear looks to me like this is a well used bag that has sustained quite a bit of rough handling, probably being carried too full and/or with the flap open. I would be concerned, but of course that would help explain a low price...

Just wanted to say that Celine offers repairs too, if you have the chance to check with a store before making a decision. A return should be easy if the damage was not disclosed.

Reactions: fashion16
Hmm.

You’ve given me something to consider.

I just looked at another Celine I’ve had only for a little while, also preloved. It’s fine but there is some hint of wear in the same area. Like you said, too much hard use or force at the pocket. I think I will contact Celine to see what they say.
Thanks.