My Celeste's intrecciato kangaroo Bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Dear all,
    I’m thrilled to be in this forum & share with you my bags collection.
    I’d like to start with my Celeste’s bag.
    I’m fond of braided items and I discovered by chance an Italian artisan known at worldwide level for making great kangaroo braided whips.
    His name is Giovanni Celeste. He is a finest craftsman.
    I agreed with him the various details of my first Celeste’s braid... and it was amazing!
    [FONT=&quot]My Celeste bag is functional and timeless. it is made with high expertise, care and passion in any single detail.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It’s unique and distinctive trait is the absence of sewn in the woven bag. This unique feature enhances and strengthens the bags.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It is plaited both internally and externally. This characteristic will provide the same tactile sensation and emotion on both sides: its inside is as beautiful as their outside.[/FONT]

I absolute adore Celeste bags!
    The website is not ready but he has told me it’s on the way.
    Here some pics, hope you like themJ
    Ps:The light blue square you can see on the pics is his signature.
    As a matter of fact the Italian for “light blue” is Celeste.

Attached Files:

2. Really beautiful bag, thanks for sharing this artists work with us!

3. Welcome! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous bag, the blue square is such a unique and cool touch.

4. This bag reminds me of Bottega Veneta.

5. Or Calonge.

6. [FONT=&quot]Hi All, thanks indeed for your kind feedback, I'm very happy and a little proud you like it :smile:
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Re. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The similarityvs BV's bags: you are right this bag can remind BV's Bags as well as the BV's bags can remind other woven products in the world... [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Just to be very clear I do love BV style ;) !!!
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]BV's brand is famous and popular in the world. But the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]point is different…[/FONT][FONT=&quot]As a matter of fact many woven artifacts do currently exist, some made up of leather, other rope, other straw etc..[FONT=&quot].
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]I[/FONT]in other words I think that nobody invented the wheel :P
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I don’t think [/FONT][FONT=&quot]we can attribute the authorship of the braid to anyone because this is a form of art that has been always existed.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Giovanni Celeste is one of the best actual worldwide whip makers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. He makes leather braided whips for almost twenty years.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    The [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]braided pattern used for my bag is typical [/FONT][FONT=&quot]of whips world (…it’s used also on other objects of the world of western art).
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]He[/FONT][FONT=&quot] has simply transferred his knowledge and his know-how to other braided projects.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In fact, he does not braid only whips but belts, walking sticks and other stuff.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    He’s simply a braider and I contacted him because I just wanted a woven bag.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]What may differentiate one product from the other[/FONT][FONT=&quot]s concerns some peculiarities such as:
    processing technique, the type of material used any stitching or any other stuff.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Unlike the style of BV's bags, this model is made of kangaroo leather and no nappa leather.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Another unique feature of my bag is the complete absence of sewn across the bag (there are no sewn on the base of the bag and not even on the handles)
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Giovanni told me that for making this bag he had to cut by hand ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]he doesn’t use any machinery) over 140 meters:amazed: and the weaven that makes up the bag was made with continuous strands without joining other strands [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]uring [FONT=&quot]t[/FONT]he braid.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]This is the reason I’m so proud of my unique bag :loveeyes:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Personally I think this bag is similar but at the same time different for all detailed review described above.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    This makes the bag unique in its style[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]…
    I forgot to say that I contacted him directly and we decided together the various details… maybe it’s for this reason that I feel this bag so close to me[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]

7. Lovely bag! and clearly well made, detailed. Enjoy!

8. Thank You so much!!!

9. I'm sure the OP only meant that it reminded her of Bottega Veneta in that it was 'woven'. In truth, this bag has no similarity to a Bottega Veneta bag whatsoever.

I would be lost without any pockets in the bag; I would only be able to use this as the simplest of totes.

I am glad you like the bag and seem overcome with happiness that you got what you wanted, and that is all that matters.

Thanks for sharing.

10. Thank you for sharing your beloved custom-made bag and the amount of work to make this woven bag without stitches. It is both beautiful and strong. Love seeing artisanal work here!

11. #11 Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Thanks for quoting me!!:smile: